Using a Ouija Board Safely

  • Donald Ryles PhD, CH
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3 10:23 PM
      I post to many paranormal groups( some I have recently been invited into and thank you for the invites *S*). I have noticed lately a lot of the groups are having increased and new interest in using Ouija Boards... thought I would post this along...it is "The Safe Way to Use Ouija Boards"...It is by Sandy Cristel who has a lot of experience in the area and it is very informative. at my blog...
      http://parabook.wordpress.com/2008/06/09/the-safe-way-to-use-a-ouija-board/

      (Personal note: I do not necessarily advocate using Ouija boards. I have used them in the past with good results and have on occasion had terrifying results(a few stories are in my book�in one my Mother threw a board away and it returned to my closet). I have not personally used one in over 15 years but if you choose to Ms. Cristel gives some excellent advice for doing so more safely)

      Best wishes,
      Donald Ryles PhD
      Hidden Secrets of Many, But One
      www.drryles.com

    • Virginia Taylor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10 7:33 AM
        Thanks for the article Donald Ryles, sounds like good advice- and I
        like your website.
        I don't use the board much, although I played with it as a kid, as
        many of us did. I think it might be a tool that can be used in many
        different ways- not the least as hospital used cards with letters and
        symbols on them for those who can't speak. It may have its best use
        in helping each of us contacting our own subconscious.
        An analogy I use to illustrate some of the risks (not the risk you
        address where someone could invite a spirit into their space and it
        stays when not dismissed), is that the way most people use the board
        is not unlike when kids pass around and call numbers of phone booths
        and talk to whoever picks up. Think about it- who's most likely to be
        "hanging around" an "astral street corner" available to chat to a
        room full of giggling teenage girls? Certainly not anyone with
        something better to do. Just because they have the ability to tap
        into the minds of the users doesn't mean they're omniscient- only
        that the form of communication they use allows them to see our
        surface thoughts- like the names of the cute boys (or ugly ones) in
        class. They say things to get maximum effect. You wouldn't ask some
        stranger at a randomly dialed pay phone for advice on money, health
        or love life? This analogy usually gives people a fair idea of the
        utility of the ouija board.
        As with most forms of divination- you have to dial the number- direct
        the inquiry. In using runes we generally do this by concentrating on
        the question.
        Tchipakkan

        "Have you no idea of progress, of development?"

        "I have seen them both in an egg, " said Caspian. "We call it Going
        Bad in Narnia.""