havamal 28

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2008
      ..'The fool thinks that those who laugh at him
      are all his friends
      When he comes to the Thing and calls for support
      few spokesmen he finds'....

      source/ref:
      http://www.ragweedforge.com/havamal.html

      I, unfortunately have been on the receiving end of
      this in the past more than once. Not only can it be
      embarassing in the end when crisis of any sort hits,
      but it also hurts a great deal

      A young Greek girl I worked with told me once that I
      should never be in a situation where people laugh at
      me. Unfortunately, I didn't really understand what she
      meant at the time. I was more concerned with enjoying
      the moment by 'entertaining the people and being the
      centre of attention'...or so I thought about the
      situation

      Trying to be funny can sometimes be disastrous, and
      I've also been advised against this by my old
      QuarterMaster in the days when I was serving in the
      Australian Army

      Ah, well. We learn and move on

      www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail