Last night a tornado went right over me - maybe we need more disasters

  • Donald Kirk
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2008
      I live in Hardy, Ar and a tornado hit only 2 miles from me. I am an electrician and have voluntered my services, but they want would not let me into the disaster area. They are concerned with getting disaster money from the government.

      My lady friend's daughter called and said she was really scared and I went over there to calm her down

      Actually, I think it's great that they keep people like me out - it would have been a very bad scene having all kinds of people that don't know what they are doing - trying to help.

      It's weird that no matter what - in a disaster - people forget their differences.

      I experienced this when the earthquuake hit in San Francisco - I keep the emergency generators going at San Jose International Airport for a week, sleep by them. i was at the airport when it it and it threw me about 3 feet in the air. I saw the the runway go like a wave in the ocean.

      What I am trying to express- actually is the coming together of all peoples when a disaster hits

      Maybe we need more disasters

      .