rune poem 19(EHWAZ), havamal 19

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2008
      eh(AS only)

      The horse is a joy to princes in the presence of
      warriors
      A steed in the pride of its hoofs
      when rich men on horseback bandy words about it
      and it is ever a source of comfort to the restless

      source/ref:
      http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/rune_poems.html

      Mel's interpretation:

      Is there something to be proud of today, a source of
      pride in your midst? You? Something else? Perhaps, of
      a practical nature? What exactly have you got?
      -------------------------------
      ...'Drunk I got, dead drunk
      When Fjalar the wise was with me
      Best is the banquet one looks back on after
      And remembers all that happened'......

      source/ref:

      http://www.ragweedforge.com/havamal.html

      Mel's interpretation:

      With so much alcohol in their systems, I personally
      question how some people are still able to enjoy
      themselves when they basically lose control of their
      composure to shameful levels. I think such individuals
      call this 'just letting yourself go, and enjoying
      yourself'....I see....hmmmmm

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now. www.yahoo7.com.au/worldsbestemail