Re: [runes-divination] rune poem 15(ALGIZ), havamal 15(to Francis/list)

  • Francis Tokarski
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 8 12:35 PM
      Why do you no longer believe in reverse readings?

    • Mel
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 12 2:09 AM
        --- Francis Tokarski <francis_tokarski@...>
        wrote:

        > Why do you no longer believe in reverse readings?

        It's just something that I'm no longer able to relate
        to(and I treat tarot cards in the same way). I try to
        deal with the runes these days by refering to what the
        Asatru community recognize as the available Germanic
        lore today, which is why I put a lot of emphasis on
        the rune poems for the moment

        in peace
        Mel
        gunnar19632000@...

      • Robin
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 12 8:38 AM
          Hello everyone,

          I would like to add my opinion on the subject of reversals. I do use
          reversals in both the runes and the tarot. Opposites do exist within
          nature and the universe. Positive and negatives energies co-exist.
          That is the reason that I use both in my readings.
          ~ Robin ~

          --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, Francis Tokarski
          <francis_tokarski@...> wrote:

          > Why do you no longer believe in reverse readings?

        • Donald Kirk
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 13 9:40 AM
            Runes Folks,

            Everytime I look in the mirror, it's a different person but always lookin good, to my surprise, ha! Our perceptions change and so the meaning of the Runes change, I believe. It depends on your intention, feelings and intuition. I don't read for other people because it's possible I might let my ego get in the way, especially if I am getting paid to do a reading. Money and greed drive the world I think. I may have had some special physic moments but rarely and they fade away. I look at people who are full time shysics and they seem to age more rapidly. I guess you burn alot of energy doing readings all the time.

            Don

            <francis_tokarski@...> wrote:

            > Why do you no longer believe in reverse readings?

          • Richard B
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 13 8:42 PM
              I don't use reversals in my readings because I've found that people will tend to concentrate more on the negative than on the positive and as a result will often sabotage themselves by fear and worry. I do not find this to be helpful. Richard

              <francis_tokarski@...> wrote:

              > Why do you no longer believe in reverse readings?

              Richard
              . Do one thing every day that scares you. Eleanor Roosevelt

            • Robin
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 15 11:21 AM
                Don,
                I believe that you are extremely accurate about perceptions and the
                meanings of the runes changing. I have never been paid to do a
                reading of any kind. No one has offered to do a rune reading for me
                and I have never paid anyone to do a reading. I do not know anyone
                else that reads the runes, personally. Money and greed do not drive
                me although I would agree that it does drive the majority of the
                world. In my wonderland...money does not exist :-)

                You can prevent ego from getting in your way by just becoming one
                with the universe...you are still important in that realm but no more
                important than anyone else within the uni~verse.

                I will give your thoughts of psychics (contained within that word is
                also the word physics) aging more rapidly more thought. Within the
                uni~verse time has no meaning and people age "in" earth time due to
                the force of gravity, creating a "grave" situation, maybe? I
                wholeheartedly belive in "burn" rates but I have never really
                considered the idea that psychics may have higher burn rates than
                others before, it is possible that your theory could be true for
                several different reasons.

                Thank you for sharing your comments and your ideas.
                ~ Robin ~

                --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, Donald Kirk <dleroykirk@...>

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 15 11:49 PM
                  Yep,

                  It's funny - life is ups and downs - just like the Runes. It's like playing dice, you never know what your going to roll. Ha

                  That's going to piss alot of Runes folks off, The funny thing about dice is - you know what the number is, with the Runes, you know what they mean at that time and the next day, they mean something different. I think that's what's nice about the Runes, no clear, cut mathematics, just feelings among other things. Multi-dimentional and imaginative. Magic

                  wrote:

                  > Runes Folks,
                  >
                  > Everytime I look in the mirror, it's a different person but
                  always lookin good, to my surprise, ha! Our perceptions change and
                  so the meaning of the Runes change, I believe. It depends on your
                  intention, feelings and intuition. I don't read for other people
                  because it's possible I might let my ego get in the way, especially
                  if I am getting paid to do a reading. Money and greed drive the world
                  I think. I may have had some special physic moments but rarely and
                  they fade away. I look at people who are full time shysics and they
                  seem to age more rapidly. I guess you burn alot of energy doing
                  readings all the time.

                  > Don
                  >
                  > Robin <timetwistedwhileneverbreaking@...> wrote:
                  > Hello everyone,
                  >
                  > I would like to add my opinion on the subject of reversals. I do
                  use
                  > reversals in both the runes and the tarot. Opposites do exist
                  within
                  > nature and the universe. Positive and negatives energies co-exist.
                  > That is the reason that I use both in my readings.
                  > ~ Robin ~
                  >
                  > --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, Francis Tokarski
                  > <francis_tokarski@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Why do you no longer believe in reverse readings?

                • hadeno123
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 17, 2007
                    Dear List,

                    I wonder, those of you who don't use reversals do you take the
                    elements into consideration . . . as in elemental dignities? Or, do
                    you look to other types of dignities, e.g. numerical, planetary,
                    zodiacal?

                    LLL,

                    Haden

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 2, 2007
                      --- hadeno123 <hadeno123@...> wrote:

                      > Dear List,
                      >
                      > I wonder, those of you who don't use reversals
                      > do you take the
                      > elements into consideration . . . as in elemental
                      > dignities? Or, do
                      > you look to other types of dignities, e.g.
                      > numerical, planetary,
                      > zodiacal?

                      None of the above are in consideration when I read the
                      runes. For the moment, I only look at the poems, and
                      later studies of the Germanic lore(Eddas, sagas, and
                      historical accounts pertaining to the Germanic
                      peoples) will make things much clearer and broader in
                      meanings

                      in peace
                      Mel
                      gunnar19632000@...