rune poem 9(HAGALAZ), havamal 9

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2007
      hagall(on)

      Hail is the coldest of grain(see note below)

      ...Simply, a hail storm...

      hagall(I)-hail

      Cold grain
      and shower of sleet
      and sickness of serpents

      ..which could destroy...

      haegl(as)

      Hail is the whitest of grain;
      it is whirled from the vault of heaven
      and is tossed about by gusts of wind
      and then it melts into water

      ...but when allowed to pass by and treated with
      patience whether we're in the middle of it or not,
      will eventually calm down and return to peace once
      more

      note: The Old Norse poem which is the first above had
      been cut down to one line(There were 2 lines in the
      translation used), so no mention will be made of the
      'white' Christ

      source/ref:
      http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/rune_poems.html

      There are many 'storms' in life. We avoid such at
      times, but not at other times. Handled correctly and
      with proper living, the 'storm' calms, to be replaced
      once more by 'clear skies'

      ..'Water, too, that he may wash before eating
      Hand cloths and a hearty welcome
      Courteous words, then courteous silence
      that he may tell his tale

      source/ref:
      http://www.ragweedforge.com/havamal.html

      Indeed, we must make our honoured guests feel welcome
      with the means that are available to us, but guests
      must also remember that they are guests and not the
      lords or ladies of the household. The host offers, but
      the guest must also learn how and when to refuse, and
      not to ask for too much

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo!7 Mail has just got even bigger and better with unlimited storage on all webmail accounts.