Re: Drawing the Runes

  • james_coot
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2006
      --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, "vampiregoddessrain"
      <vampiregoddessrain@...> wrote:

      > When doing the readings, I have been drawing the runes from a velvet
      > bag I've always kept them in. But I was wondering, when you pull them
      > out, how do you turn them over to be sure if they are reversed or not?
      >
      > Also, I was wondering if anyone has ever tried any automatic writing
      > and if it has worked for you? Please explain. I am interested in
      > trying it, I'll let you know what the results are.
      >
      > Thank You, Lady Rain
      > My 360 is up, if interested.

      I was reading the postings on this topic, and honestly it depends on
      the types of drawings that you are doing. If using rune staves you are
      going to read the runes in a different manner than if you are using
      stones, which would be even different than casting sticks. It really
      depends on your methods. From reading a lot of topics in this group,
      the majority seem to select a certain number of runes from a bag and
      read them according to a certain placement. In this case, i would
      think the orientation of the rune that comes out would be inconsequential.

      Personally i cast in a different method than most. I take a more
      traditional approach where i cast all of the runes at once, after
      which i discard the runes that are face down. From here postion and
      orientation are key to reading the casting correctly. Distance from
      yourself is a gauge of time, and if the rune is inverted, than you
      could take the converse meaning of that rune. Not all runes can be
      inverted, like Gebo for example, which makes using this technique less
      complicated. Again, this is my method and reading inverted runes
      doesn't apply for every method out there. As for wondering how to pull
      a rune and make sure it is oriented the correct way...if you are
      pulling them out one at a time, when you place the rune in front of
      you, place it right side up.

      I may have missed the mark on this question, but i hope what i put
      down helps.

      James