Re: Introduction...

  • Carl
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 8, 2006
      Hi there.

      For interest sake I will share something.

      I was buying a motorbike (my first) last saturday. I found one that
      suited and then asked the runes what they thought. I had only even
      sat on a bike twice before....scaresville....

      I asked for

      What led to this decision
      What do i decide
      What will the outcome be.

      Well I pulled Lagaz (Water) for the -what led up - I took this as
      meaning you have been brought here by intuition, gut instinct and hey
      its a motorbike guys... dreaming. So that seemed like I was on the
      right wavelength.

      Guess what I pulled second. Horse! Can you believe that? So looks
      like I buy the bike eh? The architypal iron horse indeed.. But then
      what will happen????

      Breakdown? Death? Embarrassment? Nope.

      Fehu. (Cattle) Riches! Family wealth. Security. Yo Success!

      Well I havent fallen off yet :) There is still time. It did fall
      over whilst I was at work :(

      (Its a 125 Honda Shadow for those that know such things)

      Ooo and another oddity. When I was very young my mum and I used to
      sit up late friday evening watching horror movies (black and white
      ones) and the one that I really want to see again is called 'Night of
      the Demon' - last week I found a flyer on the web and discoverd that
      Night of the Demon was inspired by a novel with Runes in the title.
      Ive forgotten that bit already!

      http://www.nmpft.org.uk/fantastic/2005/filmdetail.asp?ida=2661

      Turns out its a cult movis so Im not alone :) But Runes again???

      This world is weird sometimes...

      Carl North Wales
    • Carl
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 2006
        Quoting myself... surely the way to madness...#

        Anyway the book was MR James' 'Casting the Runes.' :)

      • Ollwynne@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 2006
          Namaste,Carl,
          I am happy for you on the purchase of that new bike of yours, Have fun and
          enjoy it. It will be a great way to see and feel the Blessings of nature.
          As for the movie, is it a good one? Should I take to time to find it and
          watch it? :)
          Love and light....

          Ollie
          I see skies of blue..... clouds of white
          Bright blessed days....dark sacred nights
          And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world.
          Louie Armstrong

        • David John Bryer
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 8, 2006
            Congratulations on your first bike. I'm also glad the Runes guided
            you. I hope you accept a little advise from an old biker. Be careful
            and ABOVE ALL, keep your mind on what you're doing at all times.
            With a bike as small as yours and being on the road, you'll have
            difficulty being seen by other motorists. Please do not ride beyond
            your abilities, either. You'll find riding motorcycles to be a
            wonderful way to get around as long as you keep your head about you
            all the time.

            I've been riding for a LONG time. I raced motorcycle hillclimb and I
            used to ice-race bikes, too. Now, I just enjoy the feeling of being
            on the road on my 1400 Intruder, modified, of course. LOL And it's a
            real bear to hang on to. Give it a chance and it WILL un-ass you,
            sissy bar or no sissy bar. LOL Zero to 60 MPH in 4.2 seconds. Since
            it's a big 'ole cruiser, it's prettiest and SAFEST just toolin'
            along, down the street slowly, and letting the Cobra Boulevard pipes
            do the talkin'. LOL

            Have a great time on the bike and please be careful. I work in a
            hospital and I see too many young people coming in all broken up
            because they didn't know how to handle a bike PROPERLY. Too many
            young people are buying these "crotch-rockets" these days and get
            into serious trouble with them. Those bikes are nothing more than de-
            tuned racing bikes and the kids riding them really have no idea what
            they're doing. Going fast is cool, I'll grant you that, but you gots
            ta KNOW what yer doin'! Anyone can ride a bike fast. The challenge
            IS riding one SLOW. As slow as you can will teach you how to handle
            and balance the silly thing.

            I'll take a big heavy cruiser any day over a "crotch-rocket". Much
            safer that way. LOL LAter! Dave.