Re: Intro to Group

  • Ollwynne
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
      Greywolf,
      Thank you for the kind welcome. You and your girlfriend seem to
      have an exciting plan ahead of you with your plans with astrology and
      runes.
      You asked if I was keeping a journal of my drawing. Yes, but not
      too detailed yet. I think I shall focus on that a bit more. I do not
      have a lot of knowledge in the area of runes so my entries are a bit
      short.
      Nice to meet you, Greywolf and thanks again for the welcome. Ollie

      --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, John <rat_man_fb@...> wrote:

      > Hello Ollwynne,
      >
      > My name is John, I go by Greywolf. I'm 43 (turning 44 in April,
      hint hint), and live in Northern California. I've been studying Runes
      for quite a while, over a decade if memory serves (not always a
      given). I have a girlfriend who studies Astrology, and we are working
      at a system of conjoining the two.

      > I love the fact that you have made your own Runes out of stones.
      I love the feel and the sound of stones when used as Runes. I have a
      jade set that a friend made for me that I just love using, just
      because of the sound they make.

      > Do you keep a Runic journal of your readings? I do, when I do my
      daily readings for myself. It can be tedious at times, but I enjoy
      looking back, seeing what was drawn and my interpretation of them,
      and comparing them to what actually occurred in my life at the time.
      It helps.

      > Welcome, Ollie!
      >
      > Greywolf
      >
      > Ollwynne <Ollwynne@...> wrote:
      > Hello Everyome,
      > My name is Ollwynne, my friends call me Ollie. Either one is
      fine. I
      > am 55 and live in Scottsdale, AZ. No hubby, no kids, just Mollie,
      my
      > dog, and Grims,my cat.
      > I have just recently started studying the runes and have been
      doing
      > single draws for about a month.This is a lesson from a small online
      > group course and very little time is given to each topic. This
      being
      > said, I am very hungry to learn all that I can about runes. I
      appear to
      > have connected to them with a great passion, but the problem here
      is
      > that I am very green, a rookie in working with them.
      > I have made my own set of runes out of stones from my backyard.
      They
      > appear to be a very lively set, indeed! I absolutely love the
      feeling I
      > get when I merely hold my little black bag. It is truly magical.I
      have
      > been to Sedona and collected some new stones from one of the
      vortices
      > there. I plan on making another set from these stones that come
      from a
      > very spiritual area.
      > I have a lot of catching up to do but hopefully it won't take
      long
      > until I can become extremely active in this group.
      > Thank you for allowing me this great opportuntity to join this
      group.
      > Ollie

    • Eileen
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
        Greywolf,

        Have you every read Runic Astrology by Nigel Pennick? Just curious
        based on your comments below... I haven't, so that's another reason
        why I'm asking.

        Thanks

        Eileen

        --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, John <rat_man_fb@...> wrote:

        > Hello Ollwynne,
        >
        > My name is John, I go by Greywolf. I'm 43 (turning 44 in April,
        hint hint), and live in Northern California. I've been studying Runes
        for quite a while, over a decade if memory serves (not always a
        given). I have a girlfriend who studies Astrology, and we are working
        at a system of conjoining the two.

        > I love the fact that you have made your own Runes out of stones. I
        love the feel and the sound of stones when used as Runes. I have a
        jade set that a friend made for me that I just love using, just
        because of the sound they make.

        > Do you keep a Runic journal of your readings? I do, when I do my
        daily readings for myself. It can be tedious at times, but I enjoy
        looking back, seeing what was drawn and my interpretation of them, and
        comparing them to what actually occurred in my life at the time. It helps.

        > Welcome, Ollie!
        >
        > Greywolf
        >
        > Ollwynne <Ollwynne@...> wrote:
        > Hello Everyome,
        > My name is Ollwynne, my friends call me Ollie. Either one is fine. I
        > am 55 and live in Scottsdale, AZ. No hubby, no kids, just Mollie, my
        > dog, and Grims,my cat.
        > I have just recently started studying the runes and have been doing
        > single draws for about a month.This is a lesson from a small online
        > group course and very little time is given to each topic. This being
        > said, I am very hungry to learn all that I can about runes. I appear to
        > have connected to them with a great passion, but the problem here is
        > that I am very green, a rookie in working with them.
        > I have made my own set of runes out of stones from my backyard. They
        > appear to be a very lively set, indeed! I absolutely love the feeling I
        > get when I merely hold my little black bag. It is truly magical.I have
        > been to Sedona and collected some new stones from one of the vortices
        > there. I plan on making another set from these stones that come from a
        > very spiritual area.
        > I have a lot of catching up to do but hopefully it won't take long
        > until I can become extremely active in this group.
        > Thank you for allowing me this great opportuntity to join this group.
        > Ollie

      • John