RE: [runes-divination] Can Runes be dangerous?

  • Laura Johnson
    Message 1 of 348 , Nov 28, 2005
      I had a preacher sermonize on how herbs and vitamins as supplements were a
      cult and we should all just trust our doctors as God intended. Ummmmmm...

      Laura (a new member who hasn't had time to intro yet, sorry, but will get
      to it soon)

      _____

      Message 348 of 348 , Dec 29, 2005
        --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, "Robin"
        <timetwistedwhileneverbreaking@y...> wrote:

        > Hello...hello..to you again, Randy...It's been awhile! I have
        > experienced some difficulty with this same question myself.
        Because
        > I also study astrology & the tarot...I believe that the re~versed
        > runes do not have the "exact" interpretation as the upright
        > interpretation... although they do both have something in common.
        > The re~versed runes are "opposites" or mirror images of the
        upright
        > positions. For instance, Laguz upright~tears flowing~~Laguz
        > re~versed~tears held back. Sowelu upright~Happiness & positive
        > expression of the life force...Sowelu re~versed, possibily delayed
        > happiness or difficulty with the expression of "fire". Every
        > positive has a negative...every negative has a positive. Thus,
        > every rune expression also has an opposite. In my opinion, every
        > re~versed rune has its own "valid" expression. Just a few of my
        > thoughts :o)
        > Let me know what "you" think!
        > Robin...

        Some good points. For the sake of discussion, can there truely be a
        reversed position of a symbol that has no true orientation after all
        even as writing they have been written in circles and upside down?
        The Symbols in Tarot, for instance, depend on orientation to the
        interperator as they are based on archetypes. An upside down cup
        does not contain anything where as a right side up one does.

        Runes like a two edged sword do not have a good side or a bad side
        they just are. How the sword or the Runes affect you is a matter of
        choice rather than of direction, after all upright to me is reversed
        to someone sitting across from me. The rune indicates an aspect of
        Wyrd that is affecting me. Where the aspect is coming from is hard
        to say and really is not directional.

        If the runes are symbols that are tied into Wyrd and represent the
        aspects of Wyrd then cannot water, Laguz, have either a positive or
        negative effect on you or your situation. Tears are tears. Holding
        them back or allowing them to flow is not a function of the tears
        but of how the tears are being treated, of a decision you make/made
        in respect to the tears.

        The same can be said of any rune. Isa can be thought to "Keep things
        as they are" in a positive aspect or "Prevent things from changing"
        and if the change would be for the good then it is a less positive
        aspect.

        There is always a balance between the positive and negative of a
        rune. It cannot reflect one without the other and the Aspect of Wyrd
        will always contain the same balance. How that aspect affects you
        and your situation is up to decisions you make around those aspects
        not how the aspects treat you positivly or negatively. They just
        are, you and the rest of Wyrd are affected by how you deal with them.

        Then again, I could have it all wrong, which happens. To learn does
        not require us to all have the same point of view. You don't learn
        from that you only confirm your beliefs. Learning requires I respect
        what you have to say and attempt to understand it. All I ask you
        respect my thoughts as well.

        Ron