Re: [runes-divination] books

  • mike garcia
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2005
      Wassail Sam!

      One of the first books I read was from Ralph Blum and I would not recomend them at all for serious study to the runes. Blum who is one of the creators of the blank rune. Which I found through historical research that no blank rune ever exsisted and I have the information to back my knoweldge to the best guess we have. There are some authors that go beyond the subject and more with there own fantasies. With this world out here the faster one think they can become a Runester the better the book in there opinion. If your intersted in hard studies and wish to get some challenging books let me know or any scholar on the group I am sure will display the books for you. If you look in the back archieves of the groups I highly recommend to look at the messages Rig Svenson posts. You will find them to be very educational among with many others on the list. I wish you all the well with your studies and may it bring you foward on your journey.

      Welga Mike!

      sam lashbrook <silversaighin2@...> wrote:
      In the year I have been studying runes seriously a NROOGD friend
      loaned me two books.They are "The Book of Runes" by Ralph Blume
      and "The Runic Workbook" by Tony Willis, does anyone have opinions on
      these two authors. I know Blum can give a Christian spin on things and
      though I am very much NOT one of them I do like how he teaches how to
      read and personally the Runes. Being a reader anyway does anyone have
      another suggestion?
      From the Lake and the Mountains,
      SAM

    • autochth
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2005
        --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, mike garcia
        <exavierstud@y...> wrote:
        > Wassail Sam!
        >
        > One of the first books I read was from Ralph Blum and I would not
        recomend them at all for serious study to the runes. Blum who is
        one of the creators of the blank rune. Which I found through
        historical research that no blank rune ever exsisted and I have the
        information to back my knoweldge to the best guess we have. There
        are some authors that go beyond the subject and more with there own
        fantasies. With this world out here the faster one think they can
        become a Runester the better the book in there opinion. If your
        intersted in hard studies and wish to get some challenging books let
        me know or any scholar on the group I am sure will display the books
        for you. If you look in the back archieves of the groups I highly
        recommend to look at the messages Rig Svenson posts. You will find
        them to be very educational among with many others on the list. I
        wish you all the well with your studies and may it bring you foward
        on your journey.

        > Welga Mike!
        >
        > sam lashbrook <silversaighin2@c...> wrote:
        > In the year I have been studying runes seriously a NROOGD friend
        > loaned me two books.They are "The Book of Runes" by Ralph Blume
        > and "The Runic Workbook" by Tony Willis, does anyone have opinions
        on
        > these two authors. I know Blum can give a Christian spin on things
        and
        > though I am very much NOT one of them I do like how he teaches how
        > read and personally the Runes. Being a reader anyway does anyone
        have
        > another suggestion?
        > From the Lake and the Mountains,
        > SAM

        Hi Sam, Mike and the group

        I'd like to recommend a very inexpensive and informative book which
        may help put the runes into context:

        VIKINGS ISBN 0 7513 6022 8 by Susan M Margeson.

        It's in the Dorling Kindersley EYEWITNESS GUIDE series.

        I recommend it because it's full of information on the lives of the
        people whose lore we use as the source material for the runes. You
        can see for yourself what kind of lives these people led and why
        wealth was equated with ownership of cattle.

        If nothing else it should stimulate your kids to get interested in
        the runes and where they come from.

        Best wishes

        AC
      • Cindy
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 15, 2005
          I have a question on books?
          Hi, I'm also new here. I recently register with the Rune School. And
          I wanted to really go thru the course but the books they recommend
          are only available thru Amazon UK and for whatever reason when I try
          to order them it comes back saying they cannot be delivered to the
          addresses I have. Which were either my home or work, and maybe I'm
          doing something wrong - But in their Help section they offered no
          answer to why these were considered undeliverable address'. Does
          anyone know of another place I could order these books - the
          Principles of Rune and the Rune Rede??
          I really want to study more into the Runes. I had started a couple
          years ago and they really resonated with me, but then there was a
          bad accident in the family and I had gotten side tracked..
          now I'm back to pick up where I had left off. Instead of grabbing
          anythimg on Runes I wanted to go with something soild and the Rune
          School looked like a good start.

          Thanks,
          Cindy

          --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, "autochth" <autochth@y...>

        • Thundercloud Evolving
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 15, 2005
            I bought Rune Rede from Amazon.com USA

            wrote:
            > --- In runes-divination@yahoogroups.com, mike garcia
            > <exavierstud@y...> wrote:
            > > Wassail Sam!
            > >
            > > One of the first books I read was from Ralph Blum and I would
            not
            > recomend them at all for serious study to the runes. Blum who is
            > one of the creators of the blank rune. Which I found through
            > historical research that no blank rune ever exsisted and I have
            the
            > information to back my knoweldge to the best guess we have. There
            > are some authors that go beyond the subject and more with there
            own
            > fantasies. With this world out here the faster one think they can
            > become a Runester the better the book in there opinion. If your
            > intersted in hard studies and wish to get some challenging books
            let
            > me know or any scholar on the group I am sure will display the
            books
            > for you. If you look in the back archieves of the groups I highly
            > recommend to look at the messages Rig Svenson posts. You will
            find
            > them to be very educational among with many others on the list. I
            > wish you all the well with your studies and may it bring you
            foward
            > on your journey.
            > >
            > > Welga Mike!
            > >
            > > sam lashbrook <silversaighin2@c...> wrote:
            > > In the year I have been studying runes seriously a NROOGD friend
            > > loaned me two books.They are "The Book of Runes" by Ralph Blume
            > > and "The Runic Workbook" by Tony Willis, does anyone have
            opinions
            > on
            > > these two authors. I know Blum can give a Christian spin on
            things
            > and
            > > though I am very much NOT one of them I do like how he teaches
            how
            > > read and personally the Runes. Being a reader anyway does anyone
            > have
            > > another suggestion?
            > > From the Lake and the Mountains,
            > > SAM
            >
            > Hi Sam, Mike and the group
            >
            > I'd like to recommend a very inexpensive and informative book
            which
            > may help put the runes into context:
            >
            > VIKINGS ISBN 0 7513 6022 8 by Susan M Margeson.
            >
            > It's in the Dorling Kindersley EYEWITNESS GUIDE series.
            >
            > I recommend it because it's full of information on the lives of
            the
            > people whose lore we use as the source material for the runes. You
            > can see for yourself what kind of lives these people led and why
            > wealth was equated with ownership of cattle.
            >
            > If nothing else it should stimulate your kids to get interested in
            > the runes and where they come from.
            >
            > Best wishes
            >
            > AC

            Yahoo! Groups Links