Re: Blooding the Runes

  • autochth
    Message 1 of 42 , May 1, 2005
      Hi Rig

      Funny you mention Glastonbury. I drove through it last month. It was
      so alive in the 70s. Now it's an empty shadow. I wouldn't buy a
      pizza in Glastonbury let alone a course in shamanism.

      I live in London so it's just a few hours' drive down to Avebury,
      which has retained its power. I recommend anyone considering
      visiting the UK put this stone circle on your MUST VISIT list.

      As for it taking a lifetime to become proficient in a branch of
      magic, if that's how long, so be it. I'm all for instant
      gratification under particular circumstances but magic never led to
      it and I just don't believe even in the US that it is truly
      achievable.

      Today I was working with something I first became aware of back in
      1994. I've waited 11 years for the knowledge and circumstances to
      arrive which would be right for its use and yes, it involves runes
      but 11 years ago I had no idea that would be the case. Sometimes
      patience and faith are needed.

      Strangely enough, I only knew what it was after watching FELLOWSHIP
      OF THE RING which was on UK tv last night. I don't like reading
      Tolkein and I loathed this film when I first saw it, but that
      familiar nudge came and I decided to watch it again as it was clear
      there was something I was meant to see that I hadn't got first time
      around.

      There's a scene deep in the mines where the fellowship find the
      grave of a king inscribed with runes. I nearly managed to read the
      inscription but the scene cut so fast I couldn't. The clue for me
      had to do with the doors. For many years in my dreams I am designing
      a key to open similar doors. I knew the shape of the key but not
      what was written on it. Now I do.

      Well, we all have individual tasks to accomplish so I'll leave it at
      that.

      Autochth
    • Rig Svenson
      Message 42 of 42 , May 2, 2005
        Wassail Autochth,

        The Tor is my particular interest in Glastonbury. Avebury is a familiar haunt of mine, I was stationed in Wiltshire with 3 div, an airbourne batallion of the then REAL British Army. I can only encourage you to keep searching, it will all gel together when you least expect it.
        The mines of Moria in LOTR is an interesting scene in the blockbuster movie but might I reccommend you read the original Tolkien book. You will find that our kiwi friend did not faithfully portray the book...LOL

        Good luck with your quest and good searching.
        Wes thu hael

        Rig

        autochth <autochth@...> wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links