Re: [runes-divination] Re: info need on the haglaz or laguz runes

  • Eric Wodening
    Message 1 of 66 , Feb 28, 2005
      Wassail!

      > Hello Queene.
      >
      > I will give you my two cents on the interpretation of your reading.
      > If you are having a health issue, I recommend the consultation
      > of a physician. This is not medical advice.
      >
      > As far as there being a written in stone (no pun intended)
      > reference to the health connections of the runes, I don't believe it
      > exists. You have to relate the known meanings of these runes in
      > connection to your initial question.
      >
      > I'm assuming that you drew these two runes after you asked a
      > question concerning your health and already knew it was
      > somehow related to the kidneys.
      >
      > You drew Hagalaz and Laguz. Being Hagalaz is the rune of
      > natural destruction I would say that something is not right. The
      > body is not balanced. The other rune, Laguz is the rune of water.
      > The kidneys, after all, have to do with the elimination of toxins
      > and wastes. Perhaps it is pointing in the direction of needing
      > more water in the diet to aid in flushing out the system?
      >
      > Blessings,
      >
      > Rowan

      Well, before anything else, I guess I should introduce myself. I am
      Eric Wodening. I have written several articles related to heathendom
      and a few books. I have worked with the runes for about twenty or so
      years.

      Anyhow, as to the reading, I am a bit hesitant to interpret others'
      readings (especially when related to health) or even try to guess at
      what they mean. What I can do is give my own takes on *hagaloz (OE
      hægl) and *laguz (lagu). From the Rune Poems, it would appear to me
      that *hagaloz is simply a rune of creation and change. Hail falls from
      the sky and then becomes water. Whether *hagaloz is negative or
      positive depends upon the situation. As to *laguz, based on the rune
      poems I see it as a somewhat negative rune. The Old English Rune Poem
      speaks of stormy seas, a force that cannot be controlled. The Old
      Icelandic Rune Poem speaks of an overflowing stream. Anyhow, that's my
      take on the two runes.

      Welga!
      Eric Wodening
      --
      Rites of Heathendom: Blot, Symbel, and Other Rites--the new book from
      the author of We Are Our Deeds, Eric Wodening

      Love is like oxygen
      You get too much you get too high
      Not enough and you're gonna die
      Love gets you high
      (Griffin/Scott, from "Love is Like Oxygen" performed by Sweet)
    • Eric Wodening
      Message 66 of 66 , Mar 12, 2005
        Wassail!

        > I believe it is based in Portland?
        >
        > Erica

        Yes, I believe so.

        Welga!
        Eric Wodening

        > --- SirWoIfie777@... wrote:
        > > In a message dated 3/11/2005 10:12:26 AM Pacific
        > > Standard Time,
        > > golanv1@... writes:
        > > understand a group
        > > may be forming in the Pacific Northwest. (I'm in
        > > Washington State.)
        > >

        > > I checked out Viking Answer Lady, briefly-- also
        > > Diana
        > > Paxon's writings. She's got some really deep
        > > writings.
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > >
        > > Erica
        > > wet or dry side?

        > > removed]

        > http://mail.yahoo.com
        >

        > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--
        >
        > Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease?
        > Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts!
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/UwRTUD/UOnJAA/i1hLAA/m9XolB/TM

        Rites of Heathendom: Blot, Symbel, and Other Rites--the new book from
        the author of We Are Our Deeds, Eric Wodening
        Available exclusively at:
        http://www.cafeshops.com/wodening

        Don't question faith,
        Don't answer lies

        ("Nervous" by John Lodge, from the Moody Blues album LONG DISTANCE
        VOYAGER)