Re: [rug-hooking-friends] Digest Number 258

  • joan holmes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
      --- Heather Drope <heather.drope@...>
      wrote:
      ---------------------------------
      Dear rug hooking friends, please take note that our
      'porno' guy has
      gone..to stay gone I hope.
      Re: where to find pattens, why not try and design your
      own. I did
      that this winter. I started with one big flower that I
      drew right onto
      the burlap and that one flower seemed to mulitply.. It
      was great, by
      the time I was finished I had about five big flowers,
      quite a few
      smaller ones and a leafy vine that went from flower to
      flower.It
      would be considered a primitive design. Heather in
      Nova Scotia

      Hi: I also make my own patterns, I'm working on a
      round one just now that has a bear with a giant paw
      print and then I hope to add beads, a small carved
      wooden bear, etc to hang here and there, my bear has a
      turquoise stone for an eye, a leather ear and so on,
      also primitive I would guess, but I think the old rugs
      were mostly self designed and on the primitive side.
      And as to the porn guy, we now have new one. Get this
      one gone also please. Joan