Extreme Novice is New to the Group!

  • teapot_heidi
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2002
      Hello ladies (and possibly gentlemen?),

      My name is Heidi Snider and I live in the Portland Oregon area.
      Yesteray I bought my first yard of burlap, my first rug hook and dug
      up some wool from my fabric scraps for practice and I must say it was
      fun! I only had time for about 30 stitches (is that what they are
      called) but can see that it is something I want to continue.

      I have heard a lot about over-dyeing fabric. Could someone explain
      how to do this? Really, I have so much to learn and I feel like a
      sponge wanting to soak it all up.

      My mother had said to me in the past that rug hooking was boring and
      I wouldn't like it. It has taken me a good 10 years to prove her
      wrong. I love it! If anyone has tips, ideas, anything, I would love
      to hear it.

      Thanks!

      Heidi
    • Joseph E. Faggan
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2002
        I signed onto this group to try to see if someone living nearby could come and pick up a few basketsful of rughooking stuff that had become superfluous.  No one did--but it's now gone to charity so hopefully it'll end up in appropriate hands.

        Now my problem is how to unsubscribe from the list. I've twice gone to the unsubscribe url given at the bottom of each message, and twice was told that there is no such group.  Perhaps someone could tell me how to do it, or even better maybe the listowner could just unsubscribe me forthwith.

        Truth to tell, I didn't even know I was subscribing to a list; I thought I was just sending a message.  Thanks.

        Joseph E. Faggan
        Beverly Hills, Michigan
        jfaggan@...
        My name is Heidi Snider and I live in the Portland Oregon area.
        Yesteray I bought my first yard of burlap, my first rug hook and dug
        up some wool from my fabric scraps for practice and I must say it was
        fun!  I only had time for about 30 stitches (is that what they are
        called) but can see that it is something I want to continue.

        I have heard a lot about over-dyeing fabric.  Could someone explain
        how to do this?  Really, I have so much to learn and I feel like a
        sponge wanting to soak it all up.

        My mother had said to me in the past that rug hooking was boring and
        I wouldn't like it.  It has taken me a good 10 years to prove her
        wrong.  I love it!  If anyone has tips, ideas, anything, I would love
        to hear it.

        Thanks!

        Heidi

        Community email addresses: