new to group

  • Patti Evans
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2001
      Hi.

      I'm new to both the group and to rug hooking. In fact, I haven't hooked
      so much as a single strip yet. I never considering making a rug until I
      saw a beautiful Warren Kimble cat hooked rug hanging in a veterinarian's
      office recently. Since then I've been reading and researching all about
      rug hooking.

      I know that to obtain the desired colors it's usually necessary to dye
      the wool, but has anyone tried using other fabrics, or even yarn? I'm
      not crazy about the prospect of dyeing wool.

      Does anyone know of a resource for obtaining Warren Kimble patterns for
      hooking?

      Patti
    • kim bowlin
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
        Hi
        I am replying to Patti Evans request on where to get warren Kimball patterns
        I'm not sure if any one has answered this yet if not try the site
        www.woolleyfox.com it is Barbara Carrolls site and she has great patterns I
        think you will find it there.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8, 2001
          Hi patti, welcome.

          If you have access to the web then you can look around and do searches.
          Another great thing is getting on the Padula list through Rug Hooking
          Magazine. There web address is just as there mag. name. You can use whatever
          you want to hook. There are a lot of different styles and rugs out there. I
          remember seeing pictures that someone took, I think from England, and there
          was some hooking done with plastic even. Use your imagination and recycle.

          I don't dye wool. I usually over dye with darker colors or tea dye. The one
          thing I do the most is just get wool at a Goodwill or other second hand store
          and as long as it is not to bright (which you can tea dye if it is) then I
          just cut and hook. I hope this helps a little. Our list is very quiet, I am
          busy chasing kids but love to get on and try and chat a bit.

          Happy Hooking. Shelley