Re: [rug-hooking-friends] punch needles

  • Cheryl J Zielke
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2000
      HI,
      My name is Cheryl and I live in Ct. I just finished a set of hand hooked
      chair pads for our home in sunflower design that I put together myself.
      They have a blue and yellow checked border with a big sunflower in the
      middle. Feels good to have completed something after taking time away
      for other ventures. (I just finished my masters degree program in
      Nutrition). I also spin and know what Santa is bringing me this year--
      it was delivered yesterday-- a new wheel! Any spinners out there? I
      also have 8 cheviot sheep in our back acreage. THey are lovely and have
      wonderful strong wool for rugs. We have a llama that overlooks them and
      she has wonderful fiber for sweaters and vests.

      I can go on, but why bore anyone. I am looking forward to sharing info
      and ideas.

      Again, anyone have any idea about this rug hooking vacation in
      Williamsburg this March? I called the Williamsburg lodge to get info.
      THey sent me to the Williamsburg institute and they sent me back to the
      advertisement in the magazine. Guess she didn't get it that the number
      was out of service, hence my reason for calling her. Any info is
      appreciated. The number listed is for Paula's Primitives at
      1-800-920-rugs. I almost feel like this is one of those game ads where
      you win money if you find the phony ad. That wouldn't be bad either,
      although I really want to get a workshop in this year.

      Thanks much,
      Cheryl
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Cheryl J Zielke
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2000
        Shelley and all,

        Thanks for the welcome. I am really excited about joining group and look
        forward to sharing info and resources. I order often from Red Clover and
        found their quality of yarn to be fantastic. The former owner of Red
        Clover was my instructor, so I guess I have a slight preference for their
        supplies.

        For anyone interested, I was able to contact the Williamsburg rug hooking
        workshop coordinator. I left message to send info about the workshop and
        hope to receive it soon. I am not sure if I should post number here or
        not, so email me and I will pass it to you directly if you are
        interested.

        Keep hooking