Re: [rug-fanatics] Digest Number 163

  • JoLynne W. Martinez
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2001
      Greg Koos wrote:

      I think JoLynne is correct in her appraisal of low-end Iranian goods. I
      bought an inexpensive Hamadan ($150) for kitchen use and a pricier Belouch
      ($200) for a back hall. In both cases they add a lot. I've encoured my local
      dealer - with little success to stock rugs in this range. Seems to me that
      it would be a good way to introduce people to hand made goods. Someday the
      customer will return with more expensive tastes - and perhpas teh money to
      support that taste.

      JoLynne responds:

      Certainly we're hoping to be able to invest in some higher-end carpets in
      the future!

      Of course, the lower end carpets we've purchased have a very low
      knots-per-square-inch count, and I've often wondered whether some young
      girls learning to make carpets at their mothers' sides made them. A
      sometimes daydream of mine is that perhaps these girls would be pleased that
      the product of many hours of their labor found a place in a home that
      appreciates them.

      Best wishes,
      JoLynne
      Kadija's Miniature Oriental Carpets