[rug-fanatics] Re: Fw: Where if the best place highest quality for lowest price to buy oriental rugs?

  • worldbiz@wbsnet.co.uk
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 1999
      <19990218183232.ccvh175-@computername> wrote:
      Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/rug-fanatics/?start=6
      > I have a small business importing rugs direct from afganistan to england. Please visit if you have the oportunity, We are located in the sleepy town of Hereford Tel 01432 279 074

      > ----------
      > > From: chrisandy@...
      > > To: rug-fanatics@egroups.com
      > > Subject: [rug-fanatics] Where if the best place highest quality for
      > lowest price to buy oriental rugs?
      > > Date: Thursday, February 18, 1999 8:13 AM
      > >
      > > I am a novice oriental rug fan. I am beginning to read and study about
      > oriental rugs. I own 4 small rugs which I bought new in Hong Kong in 1971.
      > They are inexpensive rugs which have given me good service and enjoyment
      > through out these years. I am now retired and would like to become
      > involved in the rug world and earn an income. I would also like to collect
      > rugs as a hobby.
      > >
      > > My wife and I will be moving to Germany this summer for four years and I
      > am free to travel.
      > >
      > > Any feedback will be appreciated.
      > >
      > > Sincerely,
      > >
      > > George Outlaw

      > > eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/rug-fanatics
      > > Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/rug-fanatics
    • Martin Bloomberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 1999
        First you have to really know what the difference is. A low price might not be a bargain. Secondly, Auctions that feature oriental rugs are rarely places for bargains.
        (Ebay excepted) The bestdeals often happen at auctions where there are only one
        or two rugs from an estate and 99% is other merchandise. Flea markets, and second hand stores can often provide bargains.Often a real gem can be found that simply requires cleaning or
        some restoration. Learning how to renap and repair a small area
        might be a fun craft and provide real dividends. hope this has been helpful. Marty B