Most Expensive Rugs 2009

  • D Dilmaghani
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
      Hello all and Happy 2010!

      In closure to 2009 and in the spirit of ringing in 2010, we would like to share some
      very impressive hammer prices for Oriental Rugs which sold in the past 12 months.

      Most Expensive Rugs 2009

      Safavid Silk and Metal rug sold for more than 2x the square footage price of the
      Doris Duke Isfahan falling short of the auction record by just $100,000.

      Please do advise if you note rugs which should be added, we did the best we could
      to sift through listed auction results!

      If you have your own website, you are more than welcome to link to the pages
      above or our homepage:  http://www.rugrag.com

      We wish you all the best in the New Year!

      Sincerely

      David Dilmaghani
      Co-Founder
      RugRag.com
      info@...

    • Dave Dillard
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2010
        number 4 and number 1 have big difference between the estimate and final price.  we have a rug similar in design to number 10.  It is great to show customers how affordable a new import can be when putting into perspective similarities between the old pieces.  thanks