A Dardashti rug?

  • minicooper9991
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 14 2:11 PM
      Hi, can anyone help identify this rug? Beautiful silk handwork. Thanks.

      I cannot find prices for these rugs on the internet either, valuations welcome.

      many thanks!
    • sakamran
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 16 4:49 PM
        --- In rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com, "minicooper9991"
        Does the rug have a signature in the bottom of the carpet? It does not look like a Dardashti rug to me, it looks more like Haghighi rug. The design is Essa Bahadori design and as I know Dardashti does not work with Bahadori design. If the carpet is in the great condition the value would be between $6000-$9000.

        Thank you

        <philipp.wilson@...> wrote:

        > Hi, can anyone help identify this rug? Beautiful silk handwork. Thanks.
        >
        > I cannot find prices for these rugs on the internet either, valuations welcome.
        >
        > many thanks!

      • dharsk
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 16 5:37 PM
          -hi i dont c the rug
          i been in this line for nearly 30 yrs so i must know it
          am from india
          -- In rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com, "minicooper9991" <philipp.wilson@...> wrote:

          > Hi, can anyone help identify this rug? Beautiful silk handwork. Thanks.
          >
          > I cannot find prices for these rugs on the internet either, valuations welcome.
          >
          > many thanks!

        • rjohnhowe
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 16 6:18 PM

            Dear folks –

            I have made two recent posts on my blog “Textiles and Text,” that may interest some.

            http://rjohnhowe.wordpress.com/

            This blog is now exclusively dedicated to providing virtual versions of some of the free Rug and Textile Appreciation Morning programs that The Textile Museum here in Washington, D.C. offers a couple of times each month.

            If you use the link above to go to my “entrance” page, you will see a column of posts in red on the right.

            The first, three posts are about different aspects of a presentation on “Afshar Weaving” by Austin Doyle and Michael Seidman.

            The fourth and five posts in this listing are devoted to two parts of a previous presentation on the topic of “Rugs 101,” by Wendel Swan.

            I hope there is something for you to enjoy in these posts.

            I encourage you to forward the links to others whom you think might be interested in them.

            Regards,

            R. John Howe

            _._,___

          • iain4wrugs
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 17 1:56 AM
              The rug has photos in a photo gallery called aa dardashti  in the photos section.

              I cannot see any signature - all Dardashti rugs I have seen in the past contain his signature.

              Best wishes
              Iain Stewart

              --- In rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com, "dharsk" <dharsk@...> wrote:

              > -hi i dont c the rug
              > i been in this line for nearly 30 yrs so i must know it
              > am from india
              > -- In rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com, "minicooper9991" philipp.wilson@ wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi, can anyone help identify this rug? Beautiful silk handwork. Thanks.
              > >
              > > I cannot find prices for these rugs on the internet either, valuations welcome.
              > >
              > > many thanks!

            • minicooper9991
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 17 3:46 AM
                I really appreciate all the feedback and attention to my post, and so quickly. I would have attached photos, but couldn't figure it out, duh.

                There is a signature in the carpet, in corner, have added to my album.

                Only the fringes are damaged/coming apart. other than that, in very good condition. the valuation you've offered is considerably more than what i've received on another post... http://forum.rugrag.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=733
                ...which is good news!!

                Understandably its difficult to appraise any damages. anything additional i can offer to help pinpoint the rug's origin?

                thanks again for all the responses!

                --- In rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com, "sakamran" <sakamran@...> wrote:

                > --- In rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com, "minicooper9991"
                > Does the rug have a signature in the bottom of the carpet? It does not look like a Dardashti rug to me, it looks more like Haghighi rug. The design is Essa Bahadori design and as I know Dardashti does not work with Bahadori design. If the carpet is in the great condition the value would be between $6000-$9000.
                >
                > Thank you
                >

                > <philipp.wilson@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi, can anyone help identify this rug? Beautiful silk handwork. Thanks.
                > >
                > > I cannot find prices for these rugs on the internet either, valuations welcome.
                > >
                > > many thanks!

              • minicooper9991
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 17 5:31 AM
                  I really appreciate all the feedback and attention to my post, and so quickly. I would have attached photos, but couldn't figure it out, duh.

                  There is a signature in the carpet, in corner, have not have added to my album (but i've posted in other forum, see below).

                  --- In rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com, "iain4wrugs" <webmaster@...> wrote:

                  > The rug has photos in a photo gallery called aa dardashti
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rug-fanatics/photos/album/751906304/pic/l\
                  > ist?mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&dir=asc> in the photos section.
                  >
                  > I cannot see any signature - all Dardashti rugs I have seen in the past
                  > contain his signature.
                  >
                  > Best wishes
                  > Iain Stewart
                  >
                  > --- In rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com, "dharsk" <dharsk@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > -hi i dont c the rug
                  > > i been in this line for nearly 30 yrs so i must know it
                  > > am from india
                  > > -- In rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com, "minicooper9991" philipp.wilson@
                  > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi, can anyone help identify this rug? Beautiful silk handwork.
                  > Thanks.
                  > > >
                  > > > I cannot find prices for these rugs on the internet either,
                  > valuations welcome.
                  > > >
                  > > > many thanks!

                • Barry OConnell
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 17 8:21 AM
                    Hi,
                    I agree Iain about the signature. I have a Daerdashti rug in my notes from Dr. Pat Doran's collection:
                    http://www.persiancarpetguide.com/sw-asia/Rugs/Persian/Isfahan/Isf984.htm
                    The signature is at the bottom of the first image. In a Dardashti I would expect a signature but also the level of quality of the best of Isfahan.
                    Best wishes,
                    Barry O'Connell

                    The rug has photos in a photo gallery called aa dardashti  in the photos section.

                    I cannot see any signature - all Dardashti rugs I have seen in the past contain his signature.

                    Best wishes
                    Iain Stewart

                    --- In rug-fanatics@ yahoogroups. com, "dharsk" <dharsk@...> wrote:

                    > -hi i dont c the rug
                    > i been in this line for nearly 30 yrs so i must know it
                    > am from india
                    > -- In rug-fanatics@ yahoogroups. com, "minicooper9991" philipp.wilson@ wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi, can anyone help identify this rug? Beautiful silk handwork. Thanks.
                    > >
                    > > I cannot find prices for these rugs on the internet either, valuations welcome.
                    > >
                    > > many thanks!

                  • Dr. khosrow sobhe
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 18 3:37 PM
                      It does not look like a Dardashti rug to me. I have seen many of his rugs in many different places including his secured warehouse in the basement of his home in Isfahan.

                      Khosrow Sobhe

                      Khosrow Sobhe
                      Sobco International Ltd.
                      1655 S. La Cienega Blvd.
                      Los Angeles, CA 90035
                      www.RugIdea.com  info@...
                      Tel. 310-770-9085

                      The rug has photos in a photo gallery called aa dardashti  in the photos section.

                      I cannot see any signature - all Dardashti rugs I have seen in the past contain his signature.

                      Best wishes
                      Iain Stewart

                      --- In rug-fanatics@ yahoogroups. com, "dharsk" <dharsk@...> wrote:

                      > -hi i dont c the rug
                      > i been in this line for nearly 30 yrs so i must know it
                      > am from india
                      > -- In rug-fanatics@ yahoogroups. com, "minicooper9991" philipp.wilson@ wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi, can anyone help identify this rug? Beautiful silk handwork. Thanks.
                      > >
                      > > I cannot find prices for these rugs on the internet either, valuations welcome.
                      > >
                      > > many thanks!

                    • Dr. khosrow sobhe
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 18 3:46 PM
                        Sorry for the links which did not work. Hope this one does!

                        http://rugmaster.blogspot.com/2009/09/los-angeles-rug-carpet-show-my-opinion.html

                        Khosrow Sobhe
                        Sobco International Ltd.
                        1655 S. La Cienega Blvd.
                        Los Angeles, CA 90035
                        www.RugIdea.com  info@...
                        Tel. 310-770-9085

                        The rug has photos in a photo gallery called aa dardashti  in the photos section.

                        I cannot see any signature - all Dardashti rugs I have seen in the past contain his signature.

                        Best wishes
                        Iain Stewart

                        --- In rug-fanatics@ yahoogroups. com, "dharsk" <dharsk@...> wrote:

                        > -hi i dont c the rug
                        > i been in this line for nearly 30 yrs so i must know it
                        > am from india
                        > -- In rug-fanatics@ yahoogroups. com, "minicooper9991" philipp.wilson@ wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi, can anyone help identify this rug? Beautiful silk handwork. Thanks.
                        > >
                        > > I cannot find prices for these rugs on the internet either, valuations welcome.
                        > >
                        > > many thanks!

                      • sakamran
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 3, 2009
                          As I mentioned before this is Essa Bahadori design and the signature says "Bahadori".