carpets cleaning in Belgium

  • akulscarpets
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 8, 2009
      Hi,

      Who can recommend a good company cleaning handmade carpets in Belgium?

      Thanks

      Dmitriy
    • Barry OConnell
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 14, 2010

        Hello,

        I will be delivering a lecture on Persian City Rugs and carpets at Heart Oriental in Alexandria Va. Saturday at 2 PM. By the way below is the invitation that went out completely ignoring me.

        Best wishes,

        Barry

        Calling All Rug Enthusiasts!

        Please join us for a rug lecture this Saturday at 2:00 pm at Herat Oriental Inc, in Alexandria .

        The lecture is open to anyone
        who would like to come and learn more about Oriental Rugs and
        get all of your rug questions answered!

        Herat Oriental Inc.
        106 South Early Street
        Alexandria , Va 22304

        If you have any questions about the lecture or need directions,
        please feel free to give us a call at:

        (703) 370 3902

        Feel free to check out our website!
        www.heratorientalrugs.com
      • Barry OConnell
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 24 11:35 AM

          In my life time I have have many friends but outside of family there are few I truly loved. Harold Keshishian was one of the few I loved like family. Harold died yesterday July 23, 2010 and it is like losing my father all over again. .

          Harold was born in London England in 1929 to Mark and Margaret Develetian Keshishian. Mark Keshishian was a great hero, entrepreneur and freedom fighter who waged a one man effort to rescue the family from the Armenian massacres in Turkey after the Great War. I researched Mark when I helped Harold build the www.Hadjin.com website. It was always a little frustrating that Harold took a very humble approach to his father's story when I thought it was more like an adventure movie plot.

          When Harold was two his family moved to New York State to handle some investments which had suffered in the spreading depression. Father Mark pulled things together and relocated to Washington DC where he built DC's premier Oriental Rug store as well as a very successful commercial laundry. The infield of the stadium where the Washington Nationals play is on the site of the commercial laundry.

          The family lived a comfortable existence in Washington and all three Keshishian children graduated from University. John the eldest went on to medical school and is today a prominent surgeon. James went to college in Cincinnati graduating from George Washington Univ and Harold graduated from Colorado School of Mines an engineering university located in Golden, Colorado.

          Harold once told me he didn't make his money selling, but rather he made his money buying. He developed the knack of investing his money by his great knowledge and foresight. I remember one auction when a lot of Chinese rank badges shot far past the high estimate. Others at the sale were stunned that Harold would bid so much for the badges but what only the underbidder and Harold knew was that they were not Chinese at all but rather the far more rare Korean rank Badges. Whether is was real estate, carpets, or objects d'art Harold had the deep knowledge to make successful acquisitions.

          Harold's real love was family. Harold made no secret of the great love he had for his wife Melissa. But more than just love he also respected her as his better in some areas. Harold used to tell me that he bought their farm in Poolesville for the land and how surprised he was that Melissa turned it into a successful business. Harold loved his children very much. I never met his eldest daughter by his first marriage but as a proud father he used to tell me about her latest doings. The younger three Kurt, Christopher, and Jocelyn were a great treasure to Harold particularly over the last several years as he battled cancer. He seemed to draw strength from Melissa and the children as he fought the good fight.

          Today when Harold's nephew Mark called me he commented, "who is going to yell at us now'. That is very much the crux of the matter. Harold over the years said things to me that no one else would say but he said them in love and kindness.

          Now as I dry my tears and finish this note I am going to light my best cigar and sit in the sun and remember my friend Harold...

          Barry

          t 81

        • Norman Shechner
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 24 11:15 PM
            Dear Barry,

            I did not have the pleasure of knowing Harold Keshishian, but feel that you have described and extraordinary person who the world will miss.  Please accept my condolences,
            Norm Shechner