Hotan carpets

  • Alvin Wong
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
      howdy folks,

      I have just returned from Xinjiang. I visited Hotan (Khotan) and their carpet factory there.
      could not resist temptation and bought one big piece (3m by 1.8m) and two door mat sized
      pieces.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvinspiel/sets/72157607686968961/
    • Pam Booth-Jones
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2008
        your carpet is beautiful! I would have been tempted too

        To: rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com
        From: trilobite_larvae@...
        Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 04:18:56 +0000
        Subject: [rug-fanatics] Hotan carpets

        howdy folks,

        I have just returned from Xinjiang. I visited Hotan (Khotan) and their carpet factory there.
        could not resist temptation and bought one big piece (3m by 1.8m) and two door mat sized
        pieces.

        http://www.flickr. com/photos/ alvinspiel/ sets/72157607686 968961/

        Free upgrade for your Windows Live Messenger! Click here!
      • john yeroushalmi
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2008
          Hi
          This carpet looks Iranian , or is it?

          john yeroushalmi johnyero@...

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 5, 2008
            yes it's appear to be Persian design rather than traditional uighur
            designs. in any case, my wife and I liked the wool quality very much.

            here's an example of the traditional Khotan pomegranate motif
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvinspiel/2475244255/in/set-72157604949038395/

            --- In rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com, john yeroushalmi <johnyero@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi
            > This carpet looks Iranian , or is it?
            >
            > john yeroushalmi johnyero@...

          • Ralf Weierman
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 11, 2008

              Hi,

              Anyone knows wholesale prices on Hereke wool carpets the big size? Please inform. Thanks

              Regards,
              Ralf

            • CUNEYT YESILCAY
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 11, 2008
                 Hi Ralf,

                 Please reply me what size are you looking for?

                 Kind REgards
                 GADY