Re: New carpet / rug purchases in my photo folder

  • Byron Whitesides
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2007
      Leo,

      We have to go back to Brussels on Sunday to get the Afshar.
      Yesterday, which was a holiday, we didn't have enough time.

      I have made some new purchases though and they are in my photo folder.

      P1020594 - I paid 25 Euro for this. I had to have it!!! It is not
      in perfect condition at all, but I was fascinated by the detail.
      P1020597 - Paid 10 Euro
      P1020601 - I am not exactly what this is. I bought it for my
      daughter for 3 Euro. It is like some type of kilim where they went
      back in with a needle, after, to put the designs.
      P1020602 - The seller wanted 200 Euro, I paid 29.50

      V/R

      Byron

      --- In rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com, "xaly" <xaly@...> wrote:

      > Ciao Byron,
      > it's finea!!
      >
      > I'm interesting to see the afshar carpet as soon as possible.
      > I love tribal production!!!
      >
      > wish you best,
      > leo
      >

      > --- In rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com, "Byron Whitesides"
      > <byron_whitesides@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Leo,
      > >
      > > The rugs that I have identified as Persian villages rugs in my
      > photos
      > > are perhaps as you speculated from Morocco as well. I examined
      > them
      > > closely, yesterday, and it is the same knotting and no selvage.
      > > There is also a design within both rugs that is a nearly
      identical
      > > match. I have also discovered some of the colors are the same.
      It
      > > is my thoughts that the seller lied that they were from Iran to
      > sell
      > > them. It doesn't matter because I only paid 50 Euro for the pair
      > (I
      > > have 2 of the same).
      > >
      > > Tomorrow, the wife and I are going to make a purchase of an
      Afshar
      > > with the all-over boteh design (excellent condition). The buying
      > > price is 65 Euro and it is coming from a private seller. It is a
      > > medium sized rug. I will get some photos of it, after we get it
      > home.
      > >
      > > V/R
      > >
      > > Byron

    • mahdi dyn
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2007
        dear Leo
        Tel me what size u are looking and what color.and how
        old.i have some maybe can help you.
        martin

        http://mail.yahoo.com