New Rug web site up

  • Chris Howell
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2005
      Hello fellow rug enthusiasts. Following is a new web page that I have
      put up showing some of the color restorations that have been performed
      on some very fine Persian & Oriental Rugs. I hope that you will enjoy
      viewing the contents of this web page.

      http://homepage.mac.com/coloryourcarpet/PhotoAlbum3.html

      Sincerely,

      Chris Howell
      Color Your Carpet
      Certified Dye Master
      (301) 776-2393
      www.colorcarpet.com
    • Joseph Burke
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
        thanks for sharing, Chris... looks like you do some remarkable work... I
        read thru colorcarpet.com but didn't see any indication of how long the
        process takes... obviously it would depend on the intricacy of the rug and
        that would be largely determined by the knot count, but I'd be curious to
        know some sort of range of time required for coloration work on a
        per-square-foot basis.

        J. Burke, C.R.N.
        ( Certifiable Rugnut )
        www.rugmates.com

        On 11/30/2005 at 4:05 PM Chris Howell <maninthewilderness@...>
        wrote:

        >Hello fellow rug enthusiasts. Following is a new web page that I have
        >put up showing some of the color restorations that have been performed
        >on some very fine Persian & Oriental Rugs. I hope that you will enjoy
        >viewing the contents of this web page.
        >
        >http://homepage.mac.com/coloryourcarpet/PhotoAlbum3.html
        >
        >Sincerely,
        >

        >Chris Howell
        >Color Your Carpet
        >Certified Dye Master
        >(301) 776-2393
        >www.colorcarpet.com
        >

        >* Subscribe, unsubscribe, browse messages and archives, post and view
        >photos, even chat, at the Rug Fanatics web site:

        >* To Unsubscribe, send a blank email message to:
        >
        >* View and post photos at:

        >* To start a new thread, post your message to:
        >
        >mailto:rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com | rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com
        >
        >- and don't forget to give your post a subject!
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Chris Howell
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
          Hello J. Burke,
          Nice title! (C.R.N.) Got quite a nice chuckle out of that one!

          I'm glad you enjoyed visiting the web page. Indeed it is a most
          enjoyable art form to be able to restore fine rugs back to their
          original colors and beauty.

          It can be difficult to put a precise figure on the amount of time that
          is required to restore one square foot of rug. It really is dependent
          on the intricacy (size & design) of the patterns. Thanks to the
          development of our specialized airbrush equipment we are able to
          facilitate much more precise restorations in significantly less time.
          For example, on the web page there is a picture of a large (9 X 12)
          red antique Chinese Wool Rug that had a badly sun-faded center field.
          Using our specially-developed airbrushing equipment we were able to
          restore the entire field in about 4 hours. Other rugs, with more
          intricate patterns, will require more time as they are significantly
          more tedious and labor-intensive.

          A single square foot (12" X 12") of an intricately-patterned Tabriz may
          require 45 min. to an hour to restore. But once again, this would
          depend on the intricacy of the pattern, the number of colors in need of
          restoration, and the severity of the fading. One of the elements that
          will determine the amount of time that is required is the evaluation of
          the actual colors, to determine exactly which colors are needed to
          restore an area precisely back to its original color. For example, a
          rug that has a purple design that has faded to a dull blue will likely
          only need an application of red colorants (blue + red = purple). And
          since there are so many different shades of red (there are literally
          millions of shades of ANY given color), we must determine which shade
          (determined by quantity of pure red {magenta}) is necessary to restore
          the area back to its original color. It is a fascinating process to
          observe, and the results are very rewarding.

          I enjoyed viewing your collection of rugs. You certainly have some
          beautiful pieces in your collection!

          Where are you located?

          Sincerely,

          Chris Howell