Looking for source of damaged rugs... or inexpensive machine made rugs...

  • Lynn Lightfoot
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      I have a couple of projects which would require the sacrifice of a
      rug. I cannot bring myself to damage a good rug! (I do handwork
      myself, and respect the work, time and self put into a hand knotted
      rug!!)

      That said… I am looking for a source of rugs damaged beyond repair,
      or even better, an inexpensive machine made rug. I need a piece
      approx. 4' x 6' and some strips 3' to 4' long and 6" wide.

      What I am trying to do is make a recreation of a saddle cover and
      other horse trappings.

      Anybody have any ideas???

      Lynn