Re: [rug-fanatics] (unknown)

  • ali aarabi
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2000
      undefined

      Do You Yahoo!?
      From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
    • Ed Med
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 6, 2000
        >From: "Robert Carter" <robcarter19@...>
        >To: rug-fanatics@egroups.com
        >Subject: [rug-fanatics] (unknown)
        >Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 15:43:34 GMT
        >

        >Please delete my name from your mailing service.
        >Thank you.
        >
        > >From: lizwilde@...
        > >To: rug-fanatics@egroups.com
        > >Subject: [rug-fanatics] Isfahan Prayer Rug
        > >Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 18:22:26 -0000
        > >
        > >I have an Isfahan prayer rug I bought 10 years ago in the Middle
        > >East. It is 3.5 ft x 5.5 ft in size, silk & wool on a silk base, 750
        > >knots to the square inch and a variant on the Zil-i-Sultan design
        > >with a border of botehs. It has the words "Made by Haghighi of
        > >Isfahan" worked at both the top & bottom of the rug.
        > >Can anyone tell me anything about the weaver of the rug.
        > >I have seen the name spelt in several different ways, including
        > >Hekiki, Haqiqi and Haghighi.

        >http://profiles.msn.com

        hello about your rug what is the price?

        alex dahesh many thanks

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • Ralph Emmerson
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 26, 2001
          Please be informed that the message I received from you has a nasty virus,
          please make sure that you are aware of this and that you thwart any more
          reaching the outside world.

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 26, 2001
              Dear Iain,

              Thanks for the warning and instructions. Since Message #567 has the
              virus as an attachment plus an invitation to download it, may I ask
              that you delete that message (or, at the very least, delete the
              attachment).

              Regards,

              Steve Price
            • Alessandro Maio
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 26, 2001
                Hello Iain,

                just for conscience's sake, this virus does nothing on Mac OS computers
                (it infects only Windows systems).

                Thanks for your timeliness!!

                Best regards,

                Alessandro.

                [CUT]

              • webmaster@world-rugs.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 26, 2001
                  --- In rug-fanatics@y..., "Steve Price" <sprice@h...> wrote:
                  > Dear Iain,
                  >
                  > Thanks for the warning and instructions. Since Message #567 has
                  the
                  > virus as an attachment plus an invitation to download it, may I ask
                  > that you delete that message (or, at the very least, delete the
                  > attachment).
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > Steve Price

                  Thanks, Steve - I have deleted the message and attachment on the Rug
                  Fanatics site (now at Yahoo Groups), and have unsubscribed the author
                  unless he inadvertently sends another message. I have also,
                  obviously, contacted him directly and advised him how to clean his
                  infected machine.

                  Hopefully, this one has been nipped in the bud.
                  --
                  Best regards

                  Iain Stewart
                • Suri Khanna
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 26, 2001
                    Please remove me from your mailing list
                    Thanks for the warning and instructions.  Since Message #567 has the
                    virus as an attachment plus an invitation to download it, may I ask
                    that you delete that message (or, at the very least, delete the
                    attachment).

                    Regards,

                    Steve Price

                    --- Dr R. Fisheberg
                    --- EarthLink: It's your Internet.

                  • mjspas@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 13, 2001
                      please remove my name from the list
                    • jboc
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 7, 2001
                        Hello Mr. Collins,
                        Good answer. However that line of reasoning has been called into doubt
                        in the last few years. Dr. Jon Thompson secured a sample of the Pazaryk
                        and Professor Dr. Harald Bohmer at Marmara University in Turkey tested
                        the sample. The test indicated Polish Cochineal. There is no known
                        Middle Eastern or Central Asian source of Polish Cochineal since as the
                        name indicates it is native to Poland and the surrounding Northern
                        European areas. I am inclined to accept the Bohmer test results. The
                        evidentiary trail is less that ideal but neither Thompson or Bohmer have
                        any interest in the rug that I can see outside of purely scholarly ones.

                        Best wishes,
                        JBOC

                        IandC Collins wrote:

                        > Relative to the question of the dyestuffs which may have been used in
                        > the
                        > Pazyryk rug - the term cochineal is commonly used - but in view of the
                        >
                        > origin of that material - the scale insect Dactylopus Coccus - a
                        > native of
                        > Mexico - part of the American Continent,- it is more likely that the
                        > red
                        > dystuffs used in a rug dated to the 3rd Century BC were made from
                        > another
                        > scale insect - Kermes ilicis - which lives on the Kermes Oak - Quercus
                        >
                        > coccifera - a native of the Mediterranean region. The term cochineal
                        > is used
                        > generally to describe reds tending towards purple - maybe crimson
                        > would be a
                        > better term as the word is derived from the same origin - kermes -
                        > Arabic
                        > kirmizi.
                        > Ian Collins
                        > >

                        > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                        [Image]

                      • Barbara and Sam Gorden
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 10, 2001
                          Dear Mr. Collins,
                          In my collecting experience, I found that there were two categories of Bijar carpets.  The first is similar to Persian work-shop productions like Kashan, Isphahan, etc,  The second are the Peasant creations which are the pieces favored by collecters today.  Our's belong to the second group.  Thank you for your interest and suggestons.
                          Sam and Barbara
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 14, 2002
                            Thank you------that is great advice.  I had a mess with the e-mail message.
                          • MemRugs Gallery
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 3, 2004
                              This is Koliayy area (Kurdish)rug, and it is about 80 years old.

                              MemRugs Gallery

                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 15, 2004
                                Hello all.......I would like to inform you that your ist pic of carpets is a
                                Jalldar......In these days Jalldar became little Simple..........It can be
                                prepared as it is Quality you will tell.........2nd Pic of carpet is in
                                pakistani Language Chand...Chutai.........It is prepared in Double
                                knout...........in 14---14 and 15---15 quality normally you can prepare it
                                in your quality........what ever you want............highest quality also
                                can prepare

                                Regards

                                Mohammad Ikram Mirza...