Re: [rug-fanatics] Nola-grade Nains in Kuwait

  • Talal Abdulla
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
      Dear AD Kay

      Years back, I've displayed some of my rugs on several bazaars at the US bases here in Kuwait, and I've met few of the rug dealers there who are OFCOURSE much more expensive than the ones that you might probably see in the Rug market in the old part of Kuwait city. Many dealers, unfortunately, blackmail soldiers knowing that GI's don't have access to the outside world (unless you're a high rank in the US army or the equivelant). US bazaar organizers don't invite the same rug dealers all the time at all bases, now depending on what base you're talking about. There are around 6-10 bases in and around Kuwait- in some bases a soldier can get a good deal, and in others, the situation might differ. Since i don't deal in rugs anymore, I advice your freind to see a person called Muneer Al Gharabali  he is  a small dealer but has fantastic Nayeens and other City rugs, and he attends most bazaars. I am afraid i don't have his contact info, but i can find out for your freind. If push come to shove, ask your freind to phone me and i'll help him/her. At least i can call my US base orgainzers and ask them who is displaying that day. The last thing that i want to see is another US soldier being cheated off by a local dealer. I know i haven't answered your question, but this info may be passed on to your freind and whoever is buying a rug in the US base bazaars in and around Kuwait.

      My best wishes to you and your freind, and pls let me know if i can be of any further help. God bless.

      Mr. Talal Abdulla
      Tel: +965-981-6293

      ad_fitzgerald <ad_fitzgerald@...> wrote:

      Ooops, make that a Nola-grade Nain.

      --A.D. Kay

      > What is a reasonable price per sq. foot for a Shisla-grade Nain
      purchased in Kuwait? A soldier friend is stationed in Kuwait and has
      asked my advice. She has access only to vendors who visit her base,
      unfortunately, so cannot shop around.

      *      Subscribe, unsubscribe, browse messages and archives, post and view photos, even chat, at the Rug Fanatics web site:

      *      To Unsubscribe, send a blank email message to:

      *      View and post photos at:

      *      To start a new thread, post your message to:

      mailto:rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com | rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com

      - and don't forget to give your post a subject!

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • john yeroushalmi
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
        Hello!
        How does your feiend Know it is a real Naeen carpet?Just to let you konw other cities Of Iran make Rugs similar to Naeen eg  Rasht and Tabas.
        Good Luck.
        John Yeroushalmi

        Talal Abdulla <talalkw@...> wrote:
        Dear AD Kay

        Years back, I've displayed some of my rugs on several bazaars at the US bases here in Kuwait, and I've met few of the rug dealers there who are OFCOURSE much more expensive than the ones that you might probably see in the Rug market in the old part of Kuwait city. Many dealers, unfortunately, blackmail soldiers knowing that GI's don't have access to the outside world (unless you're a high rank in the US army or the equivelant). US bazaar organizers don't invite the same rug dealers all the time at all bases, now depending on what base you're talking about. There are around 6-10 bases in and around Kuwait- in some bases a soldier can get a good deal, and in others, the situation might differ. Since i don't deal in rugs anymore, I advice your freind to see a person called Muneer Al Gharabali  he is  a small dealer but has fantastic Nayeens and other City rugs, and he attends most bazaars. I am afraid i don't have his contact info, but i can find out for your freind. If push come to shove, ask your freind to phone me and i'll help him/her. At least i can call my US base orgainzers and ask them who is displaying that day. The last thing that i want to see is another US soldier being cheated off by a local dealer. I know i haven't answered your question, but this info may be passed on to your freind and whoever is buying a rug in the US base bazaars in and around Kuwait.

        My best wishes to you and your freind, and pls let me know if i can be of any further help. God bless.

        Mr. Talal Abdulla
        Tel: +965-981-6293

        ad_fitzgerald <ad_fitzgerald@...> wrote:

        Ooops, make that a Nola-grade Nain.

        --A.D. Kay

        > What is a reasonable price per sq. foot for a Shisla-grade Nain
        purchased in Kuwait? A soldier friend is stationed in Kuwait and has
        asked my advice. She has access only to vendors who visit her base,
        unfortunately, so cannot shop around.

        *      Subscribe, unsubscribe, browse messages and archives, post and view photos, even chat, at the Rug Fanatics web site:

        *      To Unsubscribe, send a blank email message to:

        *      View and post photos at:

        *      To start a new thread, post your message to:

        mailto:rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com | rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com

        - and don't forget to give your post a subject!

        Do you Yahoo!?

        *      Subscribe, unsubscribe, browse messages and archives, post and view photos, even chat, at the Rug Fanatics web site:

        *      To Unsubscribe, send a blank email message to:

        *      View and post photos at:

        *      To start a new thread, post your message to:

        mailto:rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com | rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com

        - and don't forget to give your post a subject!

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        john yeroushalmi johnyero@...

      • A.D. Kay
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005

          Talal, thank you so much for your valuable advice. I will forward it to my friend. You have confirmed her suspicions about the seller.

          Regards,

          A.D. Kay

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • A.D. Kay