Qum silk designs

  • Saxe_coburg_gotha
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2004
      I have been shown a 100% natural silk Qum 3x5 feet rug bearing floral
      medallion on plain design. The major color depicted include royal
      blue (plain), saffron, ochre/brown , dark green. Each Spandrels
      contains a double boteh motifs. The border design contain shah abbas
      palmettes. The centre medallion is in a very bright color and looks
      like the 'Sun' shining on the carpet.
      I touched the medallion and the field is the smoothest silk i have
      ever touched. Believe me I have touched silk carpets before and this
      feels as though is a woven twice.

      Is this design rare? . If required I may be able to email digital
      photographs.