Advice for selling

  • Rachael
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
      Hello all, I just arrived back home in the U.S. after 2 years in
      Turkey, where I have joined in as a partner in a carpet shop. I was
      able to come home for the holidays, and brought a load of carpets
      with me (customs was fun). Anyway, I was wondering if any of you knew
      of any carpet conferences or fairs or auctions going on around the
      country. My partner and I are scheduled in in quite a few cities
      already, and plan on doing quite a bit of traveling, making a series
      of tupperware-like carpet parties around the U.S., as well as
      exhibiting and giving info. If any of you have any ideas to help us
      out, they would be much appreciated. The type of carpets we have
      brought can be located on our webpage www.blacksheepcarpets.com -
      Gallery page -- if you know of a market for rugs like these, please
      let me know -- it will help my brainstorming sessions! Thanks again,
      and Happy Holidays, Rachael
    • Joseph Burke
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
        On 1/2/2004 at 7:03 PM Rachael <blacksheepcivciv@...> wrote:

        >Hello all, I just arrived back home in the U.S. after 2 years in
        >Turkey, where I have joined in as a partner in a carpet shop. I was
        >able to come home for the holidays, and brought a load of carpets
        >with me (customs was fun). Anyway, I was wondering if any of you knew
        >of any carpet conferences or fairs or auctions going on around the
        >country. My partner and I are scheduled in in quite a few cities
        >already, and plan on doing quite a bit of traveling, making a series
        >of tupperware-like carpet parties around the U.S., as well as
        >exhibiting and giving info. If any of you have any ideas to help us
        >out, they would be much appreciated. The type of carpets we have
        >brought can be located on our webpage www.blacksheepcarpets.com -
        >Gallery page -- if you know of a market for rugs like these, please
        >let me know -- it will help my brainstorming sessions! Thanks again,
        >and Happy Holidays, Rachael

        Sounds like a fun adventure, Rachael. Your carpets are very attractive. I
        wish you luck in this new venture.

        Joseph Burke, C.R.N.
        ( Certifiable Rugnut )
        www.rugmates.com
      • Sobhe
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
          Dear Rachael,

          One of the upcoming evnts in the States is the Atlanta Show (Jan. 15-18,
          2004). You may find the information at www.americasmart.com

          Maybe you can consult some of the people who participate in the fair.

          Regards.

          Dr. Khosrow Sobhe
          Tehran

          > Hello all, I just arrived back home in the U.S. after 2 years in
          > Turkey, where I have joined in as a partner in a carpet shop. I was
          > able to come home for the holidays, and brought a load of carpets
          > with me (customs was fun). Anyway, I was wondering if any of you knew
          > of any carpet conferences or fairs or auctions going on around the
          > country. My partner and I are scheduled in in quite a few cities
          > already, and plan on doing quite a bit of traveling, making a series
          > of tupperware-like carpet parties around the U.S., as well as
          > exhibiting and giving info. If any of you have any ideas to help us
          > out, they would be much appreciated. The type of carpets we have
          > brought can be located on our webpage www.blacksheepcarpets.com -
          > Gallery page -- if you know of a market for rugs like these, please
          > let me know -- it will help my brainstorming sessions! Thanks again,
          > and Happy Holidays, Rachael
          >

          > * Subscribe, unsubscribe, browse messages and archives, post and view
          photos, even chat, at the Rug Fanatics web site:

          > * To Unsubscribe, send a blank email message to:
          >
          > * View and post photos at:

          > * To start a new thread, post your message to:
          > mailto:rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com
          > rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com
          >
          > - and don't forget to give your post a subject!
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • nomad
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2004
            --- In rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com, "Rachael"
            <blacksheepcivciv@y...> wrote:
            > Hello all, I just arrived back home in the U.S. after 2 years in
            > Turkey, where I have joined in as a partner in a carpet shop.

            It was in old days (pre-internet era) that the traders were
            travelling to trade the goods like rugs.

            Now, we have the internet; and no need to go to another country
            anymore;-0

            http://www.halikilimci.com/ofweek.htm

            ps: see ornamented carts there. i'm giving one cart as a gift to each
            silk buyer. Shipment by Fedex like and I pay the total shipping cost.