Re: oriental rug symbols

  • Joseph Burke
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2003
      On 11/1/2003 at 4:34 PM David Williams <dwdw1@...> wrote:

      >HI, I'VE BEEN TRYINGTHE LINK ON YOUR SITE TO THE ORIENTAL SYMBOLS SITE,
      >BUT
      >THERE'S A PROBLEM WITH IT. DO YOU KNOW OF ANY OTHER SITE WITH RUG SYMBOLS.
      >THANKS FOR YOUR SITE, IT'S VERY HELPFUL
      >
      >DAVID WILLIAMS

      Hi

      Hi they changed their link... I forgot to update it... it's now here:
      http://www.orientalrugsociety.org/guide.html

      There's also a great old book on the topic:

      The Hidden Language of Symbols in Oriental Rugs
      by H.M. Raphaelian
      copyright 1953

      David Marquand has it here:

      <http://www.rugbooks.com/catalog/product_view.php?prod_id=BOOKS000622I>

      You should be able to find a used copy online at www.alibris.com or
      www.bookfinder.com or www.abebooks.com

      enjoy! the mystery surrounding the symbols in the oriental rugs is a
      fascinating path of discovery into the innermost sanctums of the the human
      mind.

      Behold the sky door... leave earthly woes behind and thru this heavenly
      portal, enter into a paradise adorned with flowers or indescribable beauty

      best regards

      Joseph Burke, C.R.N.
      ( Certifiable Rugnut )
      www.rugmates.com