Freight Charges ????

  • Richie
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3 11:37 AM
      Hi
      Your freight charges on these $1.00 items are definitely out of line -
      -these small rugs can be shipped for 10-15 each not $ 45.00--and
      insurance maybe is $2.00 not $ 5.00 suggest you try US Post Office if
      you are actually paying these prices to UPS ------Best
      Richie Stone
    • Richie
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5 7:48 AM
          I've actually bought some terrific rugs on eBay for almost nothing --
          including the high "shipping" charges. Of course these charges are
          out of line, but I realize the merchant is not going to stay in
          business selling prayer rugs for a dollar with 10.00 shipping. No,
          I'm not a dealer :)

          Buying rugs on eBay is a gamble. Nevertheless, you are still getting
          a Persian rug for a cheap price. And even though I somewhat know the
          difference between fine quality and junk, I still find beauty in some
          of the "junk."

          Recently, I bought a really nice Borchelu (6x9) for $61.00 and paid
          $90.00 in shipping, figuring I'd use it in my attic office. I never
          expect much so I'm rarely disappointed. But...when the rug arrived, I
          was thrilled because it was so much better than I expected! Yes, the
          shipping was high, but for $151.00, I got a beautiful Persian rug (of
          fair-good quality) that I'm actually using in my living room now.

          Compare what you pay for authentic goods (with shipping) on eBay and
          try to go to a dealer, or even compare to the fake stuff at the home
          good stores... there is no comparison!

          There are some merchants who charge $269.00 shipping for 1.00 Chinese
          rugs that aren't even worthy of Home Depot. They're the ones you need
          to watch out for.

          If anyone knows where I can get authentic pray rugs for less than
          $25.00, please let me know.... thanks!
        • Joseph Burke
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5 8:12 AM
            I concur... there are some great deals on ebay... not just in the $10 range
            but even in the $1000 range. I have bought rugs for $1000 on ebay and had
            people buy them right off my livingroom floor for $2000... and they got a
            terrific deal compared to local dealer prices for something comparable. I
            got a terrific old Hereke wool 8x11 in immaculate condition from an ebay
            dealer for $1200 that you couldn't buy for 3x that any where in town. When
            was the last large wool hereke you saw at a local dealer at all? I wouldn't
            sell it again for less than $10K. Lotsa junk on ebay of course, but some
            spectacular deals in and around the edges if you know what you are looking
            at

            JB