Should I do it?

  • bruce@sensium.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2000
      I just returned from Kusadasi, Turkey where I placed a deposit on a
      Hereka silk carpet. The carpet is about 8' x 6' and is described by
      the dealer as "3.76n2" (the 2 is a superscript for "squared" and
      the "n" could possibly be an "m"). I own a number of Persian and
      Chinese 24/22 silk carpets of similar size. But the turkish carpet is
      breathtakingly more intricate, supple, and beautiful.

      I have agreed to a price of $28,000 ($3,000 down with AMEX with a
      wire to follow of $25,000. The transaction is registered with the PPI
      group and can be undone at my request.

      However, I love the carpet and will be happy to complete the
      transaction if the price is reasonable.

      Any comments anyone? And what does "3.76n squared" mean?

      Bruce Barrington
      bruce@...