Rug to be Identified

  • sim_sim_one <skf_79@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
      Finally I have uploaded the photos in a file titled sim_sim_one .
      Thank you for your patience.

      I will really apppreciate everybody's help in identifying this rug.
    • Iain Stewart
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
        Hallo sim_sim_one (?)

        Thanks for moving your photos to the 'sim-sim-one' folder on the
        rug-fanatics photo page (is sim-sim-one your name, I wonder?)

        For the sake of space (Yahoo confines us to a paltry 30 megabytes on the
        photos page) I have taken the liberty of deleting your 'out-of-folder'
        illustrations, but everyone can look at your rug in the sim_sim_one
        folder at http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/rug-fanatics/lst (BTW,
        this link to the Photo Albums page on the rug-fanatics website is
        available at the end of all rug-fanatics messages, for those who weren't
        aware of this).

        As for the rug itself, I'm suffering a bit of a blind spot on it for
        some reason - I've seen others similar but for the life of me I can't be
        certain what they were. My initial response is that it is Afghan of some
        kind, maybe Kizilayak??, not particularly old. Bit it *could* just as
        well be Turkish...

        As its Sunday, I don't have access to our full library or any reliable
        colleagues to double-check on this, but hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday I
        can seek further enlightenment and then try to offer a more confident
        opinion.

        In the meantime, I have no doubt other members will have provided the
        definitive attribution, especially as the photographs are reasonably
        informative, especially in respect of the back-weave.

        I hope you'll receive some more confident opinion over the next few
        hours from someone more qualified and/or with better recall than me.

        PS Thanks to everyone for their help with the latest non-virus scare,
        and also on the spam situation. Believe me, I do my best to keep the lid
        on this latter (and the former, for that matter), without taking the
        somewhat drastic step of moderating every message prior to publication.
        This may appear somewhat selfish on my part, especially compared to
        Barry O'Connell's dedication in this respect, but the fact is I have
        very little spare time (none, really) and such a course might simply
        stretch things to a breaking point, either for me or for the group, and
        you might guess the likely victim, never having been a great fan of
        taking 'the Roman way')

        --
        Best regards
        Iain Stewart

          Finally I have uploaded the photos in a file titled sim_sim_one . Thank
          you for your patience.

          I will really apppreciate everybody's help in identifying this rug.

          * Subscribe, unsubscribe, browse messages and archives, post and
          view photos, even chat, at the Rug Fanatics web site:

          * To Unsubscribe, send a blank email message to:

          * View and post photos at:

          * To start a new thread, post your message to:
          mailto:rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com
          rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com

          - and don't forget to give your post a subject!

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          ---
          Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

          ---

          * Subscribe, unsubscribe, browse messages and archives, post and view photos, even chat, at the Rug Fanatics web site:

          * To Unsubscribe, send a blank email message to:

          * View and post photos at:

          * To start a new thread, post your message to:
          mailto:rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com
          rug-fanatics@yahoogroups.com

          - and don't forget to give your post a subject!

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • Iain Stewart
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
            Hallo Mr Talal Abdulla -

            It *could* be possible that you have to join up with Yahoo in order to
            access the photos page. I've looked through the Yahoo help but can't
            find anything specific in this respect, but that could be because I'm
            already signed up. Signing up is a fairly quick and painless process and
            I must say I haven't come across any obvious adverse effects from doing
            so (e.g. additional spam) but that might be due to ignorance on my part.

            The only other thing I can think of is that your browser has cookies
            disabled, and I am fairly sure you need cookies turned on to cruise
            around Yahoo controlled sites.

            If neither of the above seem relevant in your case, please let me know
            and I'll investigate further. Or perhaps there are other members more
            Yahoo-aware than me who can offer some advice.

            --
            Best regards
            Iain Stewart