Senne rugs

  • jozandk
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2002
      Hi Group

      There are a lot of Iranian rugs with Senne design on the market.

      Check out:

      http://www.jozan.dk/temp/imagessenne.htm

      See an old fine Senne and a new one.

      It is hard to believe that all this new rugs are from Senne. Where do
      they come from in Iran ?

      Best regards
      Ivan Sønderholm
      http://www.jozan.com/english.htm
    • Barry O'Connell
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2002
        Hello Ivan,
        Sena, Sennah, Sana, Sanandag, etc... is a collection
        point for a much broader area. I have not seen any new
        single wefted rugs from Sennah, only old ones. The new
        ones are thick double wefted carpets very similar to
        Bijars. This week I had the opportunity to spend a day
        in an importer's warehouse. He had rugs like your
        second picture, the newer one. They all had his tag
        and the export tag and all the paper work said Sennah
        spelled all sorts of ways. Additionally he was buying
        them as Sennah. I think the market shifted and the
        weavers found a better market for Bijar like rugs. I
        will be scanning pictures this week so I will let you
        know when I have them ready if they are of interest.
        One surprise was new style Koltuks. Same sturdy
        construction but designs more like a new style Sarouk.
        Best wishes,
        Barry

        --- jozandk <ivan@...> wrote:
        > Hi Group
        >
        > There are a lot of Iranian rugs with Senne design on
        > the market.
        >
        > Check out:
        >
        > http://www.jozan.dk/temp/imagessenne.htm
        >
        > See an old fine Senne and a new one.
        >
        > It is hard to believe that all this new rugs are
        > from Senne. Where do
        > they come from in Iran ?
        >
        > Best regards
        > Ivan S�nderholm
        > http://www.jozan.com/english.htm

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • jozandk
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10, 2002
          Hi Barry

          Thanks for your answer. You are right - new Senne rugs ( or Senne
          designs) have another structure than old "grained" Senne rugs.
          Perhaps the names Senne and Bidjar now are names for specific designs
          and qualities rather than for rugs of specific origin.

          I'm looking forward to see your new pictures.

          Best regards
          Ivan