Re: [rug-fanatics] Odds & Ends

  • Barry OConnell
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
      Hello Seyitguly,
      Thank you very much for the clarification I will add it to my notes. Any
      idea why the reports we see here in the States put the Yomut in such a
      prominent position?
      Best wishes,
      Barry
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • Seyitguly Batyrov
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
        Dear Barry:

        The Yomuts are the most populous Turkmen tribe in the world. There are
        several million ethnic Turkmens residing in Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and
        Iraq. On the other hand, the Tekes are the most populous tribe in
        Turkmenistan.

        I really do not know why the Yomuts are given such a priority in the United
        States. I was thinking the Tekes were much more famous because we (Tekes)
        wove and weave the best Turkmen rugs. Actually, the 19th century British
        travels were fascinated with the Tekes. One of them quoted an Iranian
        proverb:

        "Only a lion-eater can pass through the Teke's land".

        Even though we have many tribes in Turkmenistan, we all share the same
        national identity. Like Americans..

        There is an interesting 19th century book about Turkmenistan. I do not
        remember the author but the name of the book is "The Merv Oasis".

        Have you already put a link to my website on your "Trusted Rug Dealers"
        list?

        Thank you,

        Seyitguly Batyrov
        seyitguly@...

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2001
          The source of information is probably a written source either by a
          state or by scholars who serve state politics. Our education system
          in the world is largely based on written sources which in fact don't
          tell truth. We can see this in almost all written sources in many
          fields from rugs to science. We see another example here that says
          some written sources write Turkmenbasi is of the Yomut tribe, but
          Seyitguly told us the truth was not so. Also, i consider Turkmenistan
          is one of best countriesin the world with their social system that
          provides basical needs (health, electricity,etc, more or less equal
          sharing the wealth, etc) of all their citizens free. I consider this
          is true civilization and Turkmenistan is among best civilizations, if
          not the best, in the world today.

          As for tribes, a few things from me; Families make tribe, tribes make
          oba, obas make yurt which we call the country today. Family->Tribe-
          >Oba->Yurt organizational structure makes our minds clear that a
          country is actually made of families with a father, mother and
          children. This is not clear in current country system which all are
          based on the race directly or indirectly even though there is same
          structure of family-yurt (country) structure even in today's country
          systems. The family is the smallest organization like atoms in bigger
          organizations like countries today. So, Turkmenistan preserving such
          a structure helps us to understand how a country social system should
          be. We all know family life is a social organization with more or
          less equal sharing of meals at our dinner tables, with help each
          other on health, etc. One who appreciates family life organization
          should also support the same family social structure in the country
          system and in global system too. Otherwise, if he/she does not
          support that social system in a family, he/she is not cardial in
          family system or he/she contradicts with him/herself. This is whats
          happening in the world. And an education system with such
          contradictions will never be able to write the truths and will kill
          creativity in all fields from science to art in general and rugs-as-
          art in particular. Thats why we see anti-anthrax/pharmacy development
          in science while we also see the development of anthrax itself by the
          same science. Pure contradiction and confused minds.

          Who cares which tribe, Yomut or Tekke, which are just transitional
          organizations between global organization and family organization.
          They (transitional organizations) just help us to understand that
          global organization is made of smallest organization, that is family
          organization and those whose minds/brains don't work well should
          appreciate their existences of those transitional organizations.

          Countries like Turkmenistan with their such organizations that
          connect the family to the country via tribes-oba-yurt will have no
          difficulty in their minds since their minds are not so confused
          unlike us and their social system reflecting the social system on a
          family life will continue to save the creativity of human being
          including the creativity in rug art field. All people who support
          family social life should also support the same social life in the
          global system and Turkmenistan must be taken as a model country as
          the most civilized country today. Only by this, we can make the world
          system better or at least we can understand the truths in the world
          while it is impossible to learn from written sources outputs of
          today's education system in the world.

          By the way, my thoughts are odds? i thought no one was posting till
          few days ago when i posted one post again. I thought i would be
          thanked by my contribution for its driving force to run the forum
          again as we see people started to post more after my post. You
          ruggies are just disgraceful ones who don't deserve my posts that are
          helpful in clarifications of your confused minds which are not
          creative at all and which are carriers of false info/knowledge in
          written sources. Fortunately, these woven sources exist so that you
          are learning truths/carrying true info/knowledge.

          --- In rug-fanatics@y..., "Seyitguly Batyrov" <seyitguly@o...> wrote:
          > Dear Barry O'Connell:
          >
          > Saparmyrat Turkmenbashy is NOT of the Yomut tribe. He is of the
          Teke tribe.
          > Believe me I know better what tribe he is. I am myself a Tekke and
          > personally know some of our President's relatives. It is not true
          that most
          > of the top government officials are mainly of the Yomut tribe. All
          the
          > government on the state and local levels are represented by all the
          > different tribes in Turkmenistan such as Yomut, Teke, Arsary,
          Chowdur,
          > Alili, Salyr, Saryk, etc. and even nationalities like Uzbek, Kazak,
          Russian,
          > etc. I do not want to sound cliche but in Turkmenistan noone is
          > discriminated on the basis of race, nationality, TRIBE or gender.
          What is