Re: [rudiments] Rush Book

  • Linda Dachtyl
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2003
      on 1/31/03 5:21 PM, sean jackson at drummindiver@... wrote:

      The name of the book is Drum Techniques of Rush..
      It includes standard notation of 15 songs, from
      the albums Grace under pressure, permanent waves,
      hemispheres, moving pictures, signals, and exit
      stage left. It is distributed by Warner Bros. ,
      but should be available at your drum shop.
      Btw, Neil Peart is in my opinion not only one of
      the finest drummers ever, but one of the finest
      lyricists, ever. Every song he writes is
      intelligent and shows great purpose and
      vision....anyone else agree?

      Oh I do. Right now I am in a prog/psychedelic power trio where I have to tap
      into some of Neil's styles because the composer likes a Rush treatment on
      some of the songs. He is a fine player.

      I naturally lean a little more towards Bonham or Bruford myself in my
      approach to original tunes...depending on the feel I want, but studying what
      Neil did has been very beneficial to me to have some other vocabulary in
      creating drum parts for this music.

      Linda