Have fun with Drum.

  • Setiawan, Budi
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2002
      Dear All,
      I just read about Bora Milutinovic (China Soccer Trainer).
      About Happy Soccer, I just need your opinion
      "How do you have fun with drum" or "How to have Happy Drumming"

      What do you do to have fun with drum?

      Thanks,
      Budi Setiawan
    • Richard Hutchins
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2002
        if i understood the question:
        to have fun drumming - forget art, forget technique, just get into the
        pure enjoyment of beating a drum!
        groove! beat the crap out of yr most prized possessions - your drums!
        rjh

        Setiawan, Budi wrote:

        > Dear All,
        > I just read about Bora Milutinovic (China Soccer Trainer).
        > About Happy Soccer, I just need your opinion
        > "How do you have fun with drum" or "How to have Happy Drumming"
        >
        > What do you do to have fun with drum?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Budi Setiawan
      • Wayne
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2002
          > I just read about Bora Milutinovic (China Soccer Trainer).
          > About Happy Soccer, I just need your opinion
          > "How do you have fun with drum" or "How to have Happy Drumming"
          >
          > What do you do to have fun with drum?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Budi Setiawan

        • Wayne
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2002
            As with anything you have a passion for in life, you shouldn't need to
            question it - you do it because you love it and you love it because it makes
            you happy down to the bottom of your soul. I love everything about drums and
            I have fun just cleaning them, setting them up and tuning them, let alone
            playing a full set. I'm even happy to just grab a spare tom and whack it a
            few times just because it's lying there and it's nicely tuned. And if it
            isn't, I'll tune it!! I'm constantly playing drums in my head even if I
            can't play the real thing (because of my fucking uptight neighbors). If
            playing drums, soccer, painting, cooking or whatever isn't fun to you, why
            do it at all?

            Hope this puts your question in perspective. Now go find something you love.
            Wayne

            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2002
              well put!
              rjh

              Wayne wrote:

              > As with anything you have a passion for in life, you shouldn't need to
              > question it - you do it because you love it and you love it because it
              > makes
              > you happy down to the bottom of your soul. I love everything about
              > drums and
              > I have fun just cleaning them, setting them up and tuning them, let alone
              > playing a full set. I'm even happy to just grab a spare tom and whack it a
              > few times just because it's lying there and it's nicely tuned. And if it
              > isn't, I'll tune it!! I'm constantly playing drums in my head even if I
              > can't play the real thing (because of my fucking uptight neighbors). If
              > playing drums, soccer, painting, cooking or whatever isn't fun to you, why
              > do it at all?
              >
              > Hope this puts your question in perspective. Now go find something you
              > love.
              > Wayne

            • edo
              Message 6 of 7 , May 2, 2002
                heeeey, I am your neighbor...watch it dude :)
                To have fun with drums, hmmm I always have fun with drums. I 've been
                thinking about things I need to make me happy life is :
                a room with drums and all the device (metronome, tape recorder etc.)

                Message 7 of 7 , May 3, 2002
                  Haha, I wasn't trying to condemn or ridicule your question, bro...I just
                  expressed what I feel is an essential perspective on pursuing any passion.
                  As long as you are happy playing, keep groovin' on.

                  Regards
                  Wayne

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/