ROR Jr Programmer - Austin, TX

  • HeatherS
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2009
      Ruby on Rails Programmer - Junior
      Our client, based in Austin, TX, is looking for a Ruby on Rails Programmer to join their dynamic team of experienced programmers. As a Ruby on Rails Programmer, you will perform a critical role in designing and building code for our top-secret, cutting edge suite of products. Your top-quality ROR programming skills and your ability to be flexible, highly independent and an excellent team player will make your contribution to our company significant.
      Responsibilities
      • Design, build and maintain Ruby On Rails code for a consumer web service
      • Deploy on Amazon Web Services including EC2, S3, SQS
      • Implementation of upgrades, patches, code releases, and database changes
      • Produce high quality, well-documented code
      • Be part of a team and create a culture that attracts the best of the best
      • Use the product yourself and help make it better

      Requirements
      • BS or equivalent experience
      • At least one year Ruby On Rails experience
      • Ability to work in an Agile, Scrum & XP environment
      • Good understanding of HTML, CSS and AJAX
      • Good understanding of Internet protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, POP, IMAP, MIME
      • Good understanding of Web-based technology as it relates to the web-hosted model of software delivery
      • Hands-on experience working with a MySQL or SQL Server database, SQL programming
      • Excellent organization and communication skills

      To Apply: please send your resume as a Word or PDF to 50651@.... No phone calls, please. Candidates local to Austin, TX will be considered first. We'll ask you to complete a small technical project upon receipt of your application.