Job Opportunity - ROR Programmer - Austin, TX

  • amwfllc
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2009
      Ruby on Rails Programmer - Otherinbox
      OtherInbox is looking to hire an experienced Ruby On Rails Programmer
      to join our team. We are looking for a highly motivated, goal-
      oriented individual who will be responsible for designing, building
      and maintaining sections of the product. The successful candidate
      should be a flexible, highly independent worker as well as an
      excellent team player, and able to work efficiently under tight
      deadlines. All RoR programmers get paid to attend the Lone Star Ruby
      Conference in Austin and the O'Reilly RailsConf in Portland. We're
      committed to being the best place for Ruby on Rails Programmers to
      work in Austin.
      Responsibilities
      • Design, build and maintain Ruby On Rails code for a consumer
      web service
      • Deploy on Amazon Web Services including EC2, S3, SQS
      • Implementation of upgrades, patches, code releases, and
      database changes
      • Produce high quality, well-documented code
      • Be part of a team and create a culture that attracts the best
      of the best
      • Use the product yourself and help make it better

      Requirements
      • BS or equivalent experience
      • At least one year Ruby On Rails experience
      • Ability to work in an Agile, Scrum, XP environment
      • Good understanding of HTML, CSS and AJAX
      • Good understanding of Internet protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS,
      SMTP, HTTP, POP, IMAP, MIME
      • Good understanding of Web-based technology as it relates to
      the web-hosted model of software delivery
      • Hands-on experience working with a MySQL or SQL Server
      database, SQL programming
      • Excellent organization and communication skills

      About OtherInbox
      OtherInbox is an Austin-based start-up founded by serial entrepreneur
      and email-marketing guru Joshua Baer. OtherInbox is the cure for
      email overload - it provides consumers with a free email account that
      automatically organizes newsletters, social networking updates,
      coupons and receipts from online purchases so that its easy to find
      the most interesting things and ignore the rest. OtherInbox shows the
      consumer who is really responsible for sending them spam and gives
      them a powerful new Block button to stop it once and for all.
      OtherInbox launched publicly in September 2008 at TechCrunch50.

      To apply for this position, please send your resume to
      50601@.... No phone calls, please. Please include
      the job title "Ruby On Rails" in the subject line of your email.
      Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
      Local Austin candidates will be considered first.