Open Source Software Engineer, Lake Bluff, IL | 75-120k

  • techdude27
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2006
      Open Source Software Engineer, Lake Bluff, IL | 75-120k

      My client is looking for highly talented software engineer to
      complement its development team.

      Candidate will be part of a team of developers building complex web
      based applications. He or she will be involved in architectural
      decisions and be responsible for implementing parts of the system. It
      will be important for the candidate to be able to take on a project
      independently and ensure its success.

      REQUIREMENTS:

      o The ideal candidate will be fluent in Ruby as well as proficient
      with Ruby on Rails.

      Given that these are new technologies, extensive experience developing
      web applications in Object-Oriented Perl, Python, or Java can be
      substituted as long as a strong desire to work in Ruby exists.

      o Experience in JavaScript and CSS is desirable as well as AJAX. o A
      deep understanding of relational databases and SQL is a must. o
      Experience with MySQL, PostgreSql is a big plus. o Experience with
      Linux/Unix is a must. o A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or
      relevant experience

      This is a full time, on-site, salaried position in Lake Bluff, IL. It
      is NOT easily accessible via public transportation. Candidates who
      live nearby or have a car are preferred.

      To be considered for this position, candidates:

      MUST live within reasonable distance to the Lake Bluff, IL area.
      MUST work on-site at clients Lake Bluff, IL location.
      MUST be a US Citizen or GC holder

      If you are interested in this position and live in the area, please
      submit resume, a paragraph or cover letter highlighting your
      experience as it pertains to this job and your salary requirements to
      beau@...

      NOTE: My client has plans to move closer to downtown Chicago in the
      early summer.

      Thank you,
      Beau J. Gould

      Open Source Staffing