[JOB] Senior Engineer, NYC - Relo OK - 150-250k

  • techdude27
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2008
      Job Title: Senior Engineer
      Location: New York City - Relocation assistance provided
      Salary: $150,000 - $250,000 per year + benefits

      Entrepreneurial. Challenging. Exciting. Fun. Innovative. Edgy.
      Distinctive. Sound like an interesting job?

      Our company was born out of a passion for bringing information to
      consumers. We began with the mission of providing a smarter directory
      assistance solution to telecom companies, so they could pass on a
      better and lower priced service to consumers. As a natural extension
      of our mission, we built our own market leading information brands in
      Europe and extended our services into text messaging as well. We have
      recently embarked on a new brand identity which reflects our desire to
      extend our brand presence to the US and merge our multiple information
      services under one umbrella. What will never change is our commitment
      to persistent innovation so we can always provide our customers with
      the best information experience possible.

      With our renewed identity, we setup a high priority intrapraneurship
      effort, a web start-up nestled within a larger organization, to launch
      our brand into the web and mobile space. This offers us the best of
      both worlds: the stability and resources of our parent, with the
      culture and agility of a startup.

      We aren't looking to create some fad products, but rather major
      newsworthy and landscape changing products, backed by an extensive
      marketing budget. We are an eclectic group of intelligent,
      interesting, and fun entrepreneurs with a passion for groundbreaking
      ideas. The project is still in its early stages, so all hires have an
      immediate opportunity to have a major impact and enjoy rapid career
      development.

      We operate out of our own Flatiron area loft-space, with an evolving
      fun and energetic culture, and a growing list of amenities. We hope
      that all hires will take an active role in helping us define the
      culture of our company.

      As a Senior Developer, you will be a foundational member of the core
      technology effort, working intimately with the CTO and other senior
      developers. Gradually, as the team grows, there will be opportunities
      to lead and manage a team of developers, if desired. Right now, we
      really need some hard-core builders. If you're looking to change the
      landscape of the internet with your own two hands, this is a great
      opportunity for you.

      RESPONSIBILITIES:

      * Develop, design and maintain web services to support all aspects of
      a highly data-driven product
      * Create and implement algorithms to handle distributed server-side
      data processing
      * Create solutions to parse and extract useful information from
      web-scale structured and semi-structured sources of data
      * Work as a key member of a small, passionate, highly-skilled team
      * Utilize agile methodology, but work independently as needed
      * Work comfortably in a face-paced start-up environment
      * Work comfortably on multiple projects simultaneously

      SKILLS:

      * Text and data mining
      * Distributed data processing
      * Technologies we use and love (you should too):

      o Python, Ruby
      o Systems written in Java, C++
      o RESTful services
      o Linux
      o Perl (only in emergencies)

      * Familiarity with web standards
      * Firm understanding of core web technologies (http especially)
      * Ability to properly document code and processes

      To be considered, please submit your resume to bg @ capitalmarketsp.com

      Thank you,

      Beau Gould
      Executive Advisor