[JOB] Sr. RoR Developer, Washington, D.C. | 90-120k

  • techdude27
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15 12:09 PM
      Sr. RoR Developer, Washington, D.C. | 90-120k

      My client is a startup working to change the way people give of their
      time, money, and ideas to help others—and they need you (an
      experienced Ruby on Rails developer) to help them build their Web
      platform. You will lead development efforts and deliver
      enterprise-level code, so you already have several years of
      significant development experience in a structured environment.

      You will work closely with our Product Development team to turn our
      collective vision into creative solutions, so you must work well in a
      team environment and be comfortable with change. You love the
      dichotomy of the entrepreneurial experience—one day you're discussing
      innovative new concepts on a whiteboard and the next you're locked in
      a room fixing bugs and responding to emails from members. You are also
      productive when you are only given 80% of the answer—we need people
      who enjoy solving problems and making smart decisions along the way.

      In terms of specific skills, you must have a near expert level
      understanding of Ruby on Rails (in other words, you would feel
      comfortable teaching a class to other developers with a day or so of
      preparation). You also must have direct experience building dynamic UI
      elements using Ajax (across multiple browsers), and you should have a
      good understanding of CSS and layouts. Ideally, you also have some sys
      admin skills and feel comfortable troubleshooting server issues in a
      Linux environment as well.

      This is a full-time position working out of our office in downtown
      Washington D.C (no telecommuting).

      Key Responsibilities
      * Build functional Web applications and modules in Ruby on Rails
      * Use APIs to integrate Web 2.0 features for media, social networking,
      etc.
      * Troubleshoot server issues and oversee Linux system administration
      duties
      * Oversee testing and quality control of our Web properties
      * Collaborate with team members to plan and design innovative Web
      components
      * Serve our members and customers by responding to questions, bug
      reports, and feature requests

      If you are local to the "triangle" (DC, VA, MD) and are authorized to
      work in the USA, please submit your resume, salary requirements, and a
      paragraph (or two) highlighting your skills/experience as it pertains
      to this job to luke@...

      Thank you,
      Luke Chichetto

      Open Source Staffing