[JOB] Ruby Developer - NYC | 90-120k

  • techdude27
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11 6:38 AM
      ** Please note: This is a Ruby position, not Ruby on Rails **

      This is a full time, on-site, salaried Ruby Developer position located in New York City paying $90,000-$120,000 depending on experience + benefits. No telecommuting allowed. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local tri-state candidates only please. Full company details provided to qualified applicants. Thank you.

      My client strongly believes that to build a great product, you need great people. They enjoy working with other smart, focused people to build the next generation of web applications to help architects design and build sustainable (green) buildings. With a strong customer demand, and a solid development roadmap ahead of them, they continue to build their extraordinary team of developers and engineers. They are now looking for an energetic and experienced Ruby developer who can add further skills and capacity to our world class team.

      You'll be working in the nexus between our back-end team and front-end teams at the API layer to deliver innovative solutions to very complex cloud computing problems. Ruby forms the heart and soul of our API - thus, your first challenge will be to expose our internal API to the public, making it accessible, easy to use, and more RESTful than it currently is. Future challenges include creating our next generation geometry interpretation engine in Ruby, to handle the increasingly complex projects our clients bring to us to solve. Engineering and systems automation round out the key areas we use Ruby for today. You'll be building on our cloud platform - with hundreds of server instances - and leveraging all the strengths of our virtualization environment. From day one, the software you'll be building will have a large and immediate impact on the success of our product. In short, this position is an excellent opportunity to join a young software business with a big mission and plenty of growth ahead.

      Development Environment:

      Client Side: HTML5, CSS, OO JavaScript, AJAX
      Server Side: Linux, PostgreSQL, Tomcat+Spring+Hibernate+Java, nginx+PHP, Ruby, and C
      We also use: memcached, JPPF, virtualization, RESTful APIs and many open source tools

      Essential Requirements:

      * 3+ Years experience of Ruby development
      * Strong experience working with REST APIs
      * Strong understanding of functional and object-oriented programming concepts
      * Experience with test frameworks such as RSpec
      * Solid understanding of SQL and database design
      * Strong knowledge of software design patterns

      If you are interested in this job, please submit your RESUME and SALARY requirements to opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com

      Thank you,
      Beau J. Gould
      Open Source Staffing
      http://opensourcestaffing.wordpress.com