J2EE and Ruby on Rails Senior Software Engineer - Contract - Berkeley, CA
- J2EE and Ruby on Rails Senior Software Engineer
Berkeley, CA 94720
3-6+ Months with possible Contract to Hire
60/hr all inclusive Contract
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
* Java/J2EE (Spring, Struts, Hibernate, ANT)
* Ruby on Rails
* SOA / Web Services / Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
* XML / XSL
* AJAX / DHTML / CSS
* Demonstrated track record of architecting and developing enterprise-level distributed systems using various technologies/platforms
* In-depth knowledge & experience in developing project proposals, Statement of Work, project/release plans, risk plans, and communication plans
* Ability to determine project strategy and scope, lead business system analysis and designs, and develop realistic estimates and quotations for software services.
* Ability to work in dynamic environment with competing priorities, a team player comfortable with working across other groups and collaborating with customers, stakeholders, technologists, and management
* Ability to lead a team
* Strong skills in various design patterns and Object-Oriented Development Methodologies (e.g. UML, OOAD, RUP, etc).
* Working knowledge of IT Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and direct experience in requirements gathering, use case analysis, functional design, data/domain modeling, and user interface design
* Ability to solve complex problems with innovative and elegant designs and deliver robust functionality on time
* High commitment to excellence, collaboration, team achievement, and good communication
* Familiarity with Web 2.0 technology and trends
* Lead and drive technical development throughout all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) including Proof-of-Concept development, information architecture, software architecture document, functional spec, coding, testing, deployment, performance tuning, refactoring, etc.
* Architect, design, and implement quality software while considering the technical implications of technology applications to the current and future strategic technology roadmap/direction.
* Manage and coordinate day-to-day production support operation and work closely with business stakeholders and technical staffs to ensure application issues/bugs are addressed in timeline fashion & in accordance to customer expectations. Provide second-level operational support, troubleshooting, and security vulnerability testing/remediation.
* Research the latest technical and software industry offerings and provide input towards the selection of products and tools
* Lead and collaborate with other IT teams to ensure application of quality of services such as scalability, maintainability, extensibility, reusability, availability, security, and performance
* Interact with senior-level personnel and senior business stakeholders, with the ability to effectively communicate and explain complex and technical subject matter
* Work independently and make actionable recommendations to managers, directors, and senior stakeholders based on his/her technical expertise
* Provide mentorship within teams, departments and across campus
* Take a leadership role in technology selection and product/solution evaluation
* Keep current with emerging technologies
If you are interested please send me a Word version of your resume and I will follow up with you.