ShoeDazzle is hiring! Sr Ruby on Rails Developer- Santa Monica, CA

  • noya_tong2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15 4:25 PM
      Hey Everyone,

      My name is Noya and I am a corporate recruiter with Shoedazzle. We're an e-commerce retail company, founded in 2009, that is the market leader in the specialized shoes and accessories domain. We are based out of Santa Monica, CA and are currently experiencing a phase of tremendous growth. We have an immediate need for a Sr. Ruby on Rails developer as that is the framework we use for our site. The job description is listed below. Any interested parties please send your resume directly to me at ntong@.... I guarantee I will respond to EVERY single resume sent to me whether it is a fit or not.

      My name is Noya and I am a corporate recruiter with ShoeDazzle.

      POSITION: Back End Ruby on Rails Developer

      REPORTS TO: Director of Applications Development

      LOCATION: 2501 Colorado Ave. Suite 325, Santa Monica, CA 90404

      RECRUITER CONTACT: Noya Tong, ntong@...

      ShoeDazzle is the premier online destination for women that love shoes and fashion accessories. The company is changing the way women shop! ShoeDazzle uses celebrity stylists along with powerful technology to provide personalized fashion item recommendations to style-loving women, all at an incredibly low monthly price. ShoeDazzle officially launched in the spring of 2009 and has experienced tremendous growth in a very short time.

      • Funded by top tier venture capital firm
      • High profile board of directors & investors
      • Highly experienced executive management team
      • Incredible growth trajectory

      ShoeDazzle is looking for a solid back-end developer with expert knowledge of Ruby on Rails. The role will serve as the back-end development expert for a rapidly growing development team.

      More specifically…

      • Responsible for the back-end design and implementation of features across ShoeDazzle's servers
      • Address scalability issues
      • Build, design and code the back-end to ShoeDazzle.com
      • Work closely and cohesively with server-side engineering and the front-end development team
      • Participate in all aspects of a project life-cycle, from specifications through QA
      • Find and fix bugs, optimize scalability and performance, keep up-to-date with the latest relevant technologies
      • Communicate realistic assessments of project status
      • Compile thorough documentation as directed

      • EDUCATION: 4-year degree (or equivalent experience)
      • EXPERIENCE: 7+ years of professional experience, with 3+ years of Rails development experience
      • Expert knowledge of Agile development methodology
      • Thorough understanding and application of Ruby on Rails, LAMP stack and MySQL
      • Experience with JavaScript, jQuery and AJAX
      • Knowledgeable of object-oriented design and overall database design
      • Experienced user of UNIX operating systems, including basic system administration tasks
      • Proven ability to lead small teams and make good, effective design decisions
      • Familiarity with MVC architecture
      • Experience working in an ecommerce environment a plus
      • Start up experience highly preferred

      • A self-directed individual who knows what needs to be done and operates with urgency, focus and discipline
      • Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
      • Have the ability to thrive in a high energy, fast growth, entrepreneurial start-up environment
      • Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable
      • Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
      • Ethical, fair and of high integrity

      • Competitive Base Salary
      • Employee Equity Sharing Program
      • Health Benefits
      • Key role in a high growth organization

      Noya Tong
      Corporate Recruiter

      2501 Colorado Ave., Suite 325
      Santa Monica, CA 90404