Ruby/Rails Software Engineer, Lake Bluff, IL

  • techdude27
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2006
      Ruby/Rails Software Engineer, Lake Bluff, IL

      My client is looking for highly talented software engineer to
      complement their development team.

      Candidate will be part of a team of developers building complex web
      based applications. He or she will be involved in architectural
      decisions and be responsible for implementing parts of the system. It
      will be important for the candidate to be able to take on a project
      independently and ensure its success.

      REQUIREMENTS:

      * The ideal candidate will be fluent in Ruby as well as proficient
      with Ruby on Rails.

      Given that these are new technologies, extensive experience developing
      web applications in Object-Oriented Perl, Python, or Java can be
      substituted as long as a strong desire to work in Ruby exists.

      * Experience in JavaScript and CSS is desirable as well as AJAX
      * A deep understanding of relational databases and SQL is a must.
      * Experience with MySQL, PostgreSql is a big plus.
      * Experience with Linux/Unix is a must.
      * A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant experience

      We are looking for a top-quality hacker: an expert programmer with
      good design sense and desire to get things accomplished. If you are
      bored of just a job, this may be the place for you.

      This is a full time, on-site, salaried position in Lake Bluff, IL -
      Candidates willing to relocate to Chicago will be considered.

      If you are interested in this position, please send resume and salary
      requirement to beau@...