Planning: Rubyham Aug 3rd Presentations

  • Greg Houston
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2009
      Our next meeting is Monday August 3rd which is only 2.5 weeks away. We need some volunteers to show off the ruby tools they have been using. Please let me know ASAP what you would like to demonstrate.

      Thanks!
    • Kevin Russell
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 15, 2009
        Greg,
        Has anyone demonstrated solr acts_as_solr?

        Kevin Russell

        On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Greg Houston <ghouston@...> wrote:

        > Our next meeting is Monday August 3rd which is only 2.5 weeks away. We need
        > some volunteers to show off the ruby tools they have been using. Please let
        > me know ASAP what you would like to demonstrate.
        >
        > Thanks!

      • Greg Houston
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 15, 2009
          Kevin,

          acts_as_solr (full text search for rails), that would be a great topic.  How much time do you need to present it?

          = Greg

        • Kevin Russell
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 15, 2009
            15 minutes should be adequate to show how easy it is to get it installed and
            working with rails.
            Kevin

            On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Greg Houston <ghouston@...> wrote:

            > Kevin,
            >
            > acts_as_solr (full text search for rails), that would be a great topic.
            > How much time do you need to present it?
            >
            > = Greg

          • Jason McCay
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 15, 2009
              Benjamin may have a pretty nifty new gem to show off...just need to make
              sure that he gets it done in time.

              On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Kevin Russell
              <krussell1@...>wrote:

              > 15 minutes should be adequate to show how easy it is to get it installed
              > and
              > working with rails.
              > Kevin
              >

              > On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Greg Houston <ghouston@...<ghouston%40yahoo.com>>
              > wrote:
              >

              > > Kevin,
              > >
              > > acts_as_solr (full text search for rails), that would be a great topic.
              > > How much time do you need to present it?
              > >
              > > = Greg

            • Ben Wyrosdick
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 15, 2009
                ahh good call I will demo a gem called fluffy ... you can make your best
                guesses as to what it does :)

                -Ben