looking for a talk for Tue Oct 9

  • Francis Hwang
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hey everyone,

      The next nyc.rb meeting is in 8 days, on Tuesday October 9. Anybody
      feel like giving a talk? As always, you don't have to be an expert on
      a subject, you can simply be somebody who's recently been using a
      specific tool or investigating a specific area. Reply on-list or to
      me personally if you're interested.

      Thanks,

      Francis Hwang
      http://fhwang.net/
    • Eric Mill
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2007
        I could give a talk on Jester, thoughtbot's little JavaScript REST client.   It's in JavaScript, not Ruby, but it's designed specifically to work inside a Rails app with nearly zero effort, and its syntax is partially stolen from ActiveResource.  If you guys think it'd be relevant and interesting, I'd be happy to present it.

        -- Eric

        --
        I'm raising $1000 for ImprovBoston as they move into their sizzling new home in Central Square.  Help support comedy, and help me buy them the bestest place in Boston, right here:
        http://www.improvboston.com/home/donate.php?id=15829
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2007
          Sounds good to me. I've put it up on an agenda page:

          http://nycruby.org/wiki/pages/October+9+2007+Meeting+Agenda

          Eric, feel free to add a synopsis on that agenda page. Everyone else,
          see you Tuesday --

          Francis Hwang
          http://fhwang.net/