Ruby on Rails workshop in Bangalore?

  • Shashank Date
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2006
      Hi All,

      I am planning to have a Rails workshop in Bangalore in the early Jan of next year and need some local assistance in organizing this event. Just wanted to see if there is anybody interested in helping out with such an activity. The workshop will be conducted by no other than David A. Black, author of "Ruby For Rails" and a well-known figure in the Ruby community. We are still in the early phases of planing and the event will only happen if there is enough corporate support.

      Any ideas, suggestions, hints, tips to make this event successful very welcome.

      Thanks,
      -- Shashank

    • Brij Bhasin
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 23, 2006
        Hi
        Shashank,

        It’s great to hear from someone in
        Bangalore on
        RoR. I work for a US based
        Product company that is developing an in-house enterprise level application on
        Rails and have recently started our Bangalore operations. My team and I will be
        glad to provide you with any assistance you need to plan this event. You can
        email me directly at brijATpontusglobal.com or reach me on my cell 9900577063.

        Thanks,

        Brij

        Pontus Inc.

        www.pontusglobal.com

        Minneapolis – New York – Bangalore
      • Shashank Date
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 24, 2006
          Hi Brij,

          Thank you for your pledge to support. I will certainly tap on your shoulders when we get closer to the event.

          When I sent my plea for support last week, we were looking at Jan first week to be the possible period of the workshop. David requested me to push it farther in the year and now we are looking at more like March/April timeframe.

          Let me know if that will work for you and also what you/your team would like to get involved in.

          Again, thanks for your time and attention.

          -- Shashank

          Brij Bhasin <brijbhasin@...> wrote: Hi
          Shashank,

          It’s great to hear from someone in
          Bangalore on
          RoR. I work for a US based
          Product company that is developing an in-house enterprise level application on
          Rails and have recently started our Bangalore operations. My team and I will be
          glad to provide you with any assistance you need to plan this event. You can
          email me directly at brijATpontusglobal.com or reach me on my cell 9900577063.

          Thanks,

          Brij

          Pontus Inc.

          www.pontusglobal.com